Starting 1st Whole30 August 30

shellsewnsow

Hi, I'll be starting my first Whole30, at the end of this week, August 30, so I'm finished before my daughter's birthday. It's going to be a pretty huge change for me so I'll be busily preparing this week and am cutting my coffee to 1 a day, so I can hopefully cope with it black once a day, or I'll try coconut milk in it. At least I don't take sugar in it  :)

Hi there! I started on the 28th, so I can be finished before a girl's weekend in NYC! How have your first days been? Hope you're feeling good! I'd love to cheer each other on if you're interested in a buddy.

I'm on day 4 and feeling good. I've got 2 obstacles coming up today, however...a Labor Day BBQ at a friend's house and a visit to my ITALIAN mother-in-law's...right around dinner time. Uh oh! :)

My strategies? I made a compliant tomato-cuke-basil-onion salad to bring to the party. Figure there will be some kind of meat I can have with it. I've also got a few cans of lemon seltzer to sip on so no one offers me wine (a huge temptation for me!) as for my MIL, I told her we couldn't stay for dinner and I am bringing her a new pepper grinder (she fancied mine the other day) to make up for not eating! She's amazing and I love her, but explaining Whole30 to her would be a nightmare. I'm not in the mood to defend myself!

I've had the coffee w/ coconut milk--pretty good! I've also tried it black (meh) and have subbed green tea for coffee on school mornings (I'm a teacher). Did you try it? How are you finding things?

Hope to hear from you! (I'm on Facebook and Instagram too if you're at all interested in sharing pics and such)

Cheers!

Meghan

Hi ladies! Regarding coffee, I quit using sugar as of January 1 of this year but still used either unsweetened almond milk, whole dairy milk, or half and half. I don't dislike black coffee, I mostly used milks to cool it down for immediate emergency consumption every morning (which is a whole different problem and topic....) :) I found a couple of ice cubes do the trick for black coffee.

I started using coconut milk - about 2 ounces for every 12 ounces of coffee. I blend it with an immersion blender to make it frothy. I think it is delicious! And it bumps up my fat intake at breakfast, which helps me stay full for at least 5-6 hours (I eat breakfast at 5:30am, so lunch is a looooong time away!)

Archived