Aug18 Buddies - reintegration starts today!

JO.H

Thank you all for your input.  Today is my last day and like most, I'm nervous.  I think i'm going continue with my intro schedule and take treig2000's suggestion and enjoy my evening with wine, cheese and chocolate.  Eat whole 30 for a few days and then reintroduce each food separately.  This month has been interesting to say the least. My only disappointment is I was really hoping my knees (bursitis) would feel better and it has not.  AND I honestly thought the weight would just fall off.  I know understand that Whole 30 is more than just weight loss.  Overall - it has been a positive experience for me.  

My plan is to go Whole 30 - 30 days before thanksgiving, Continue to eat Whole 30 5-6 days while allowing myself some of my favorite treats one or two evenings weekends only.  My hope is to jump start it again January 1st!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all: interesting to hear how everyone is doing. I am also consciously staying W30 as much as I can. I have introduced wine and chocolate (though not together!) and made the executive decision that I will only have supremely exquisite (aka expensive) chocolate and no chocolate cake or desserts. I also decided not to reintro dairy except on rare occasions (had milk in coffee for a couple of meetings out; shared a dessert at dinner with olive oil ice cream- delish!). Not missing grain so also staying away. Treig, love your adage that "you don't eat that" versus can't have something- very empowering!

The sugar craving never really left me, but I am trying to be judicious about how I consume sugar. I decided to eliminate all the sneaky sugars (catsup, sauces, etc.) so I am really trying to keep those homemade items in the kitchen at all times. I am also allowing myself dried fruit, which may contain either fruit nectar or are extremely sweet on their own (like pineapple). Trying not to beat myself up for enjoying dried fruit as a "dessert" because the cold turkey no sweets thing during W30 was pretty miserable for me.

onedawg, I feel your frustration re: bursitis and slow weight loss. I injured my back at the start of this process and frankly, each week has been a different part of my spine acting out so I have had to manage that during the food program. I really hoped that I would have spinal recovery much more quickly than usual and it didn't happen. Nor did I experience the storied "tiger blood", although I have had more consistently high quality sleep and some days of extra energy. And I feel that my mind has been sharper so I am grateful for that!

Hang in there, everyone!

Hi everyone on the Aug 18 track- looks like everyone has signed off on this forum. I just want to thank JOH for getting it off the ground. And TDC and Treig, you guys in particular have been very helpful with suggestions and recipes. I wish you all the best of luck in your post W30 journey and offer my thanks for your virtual support on my W30 experience. Happy clean eating, all!!

• 2 months later...

Archived