galactagogues

I am a mom of two, including a nursing seven-month-old.  I've been enjoying W30 (on day 20), and the sense of control over food choices it has restored.  However, I don't seem to be slimming down, and I wonder if it can be attributed to any of the herbal galactagogues I take to maintain milk supply (fenugreek and goat's rue).  Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of this issue?  Thanks!

I slimmed down A LOT while nursing and taking fenugreek, alfalfa, and blessed thistle so I don't think that could be it.  From what I understand, Goat's Rue is for increasing actual breast TISSUE though, so I wonder if that could be having an effect elsewhere on your body and causing you to retain some weight. 

• 1 month later...

I'm going to start my Whole30 on Sunday, but I'm currently breastfeeding and taking fenugreek, blessed thistle and fennel and I don't slim down or gain weight - I just stay the same. This also happened with my first. I found I only lost weight after I finished breastfeeding. Wish I was one of those women who lost weight breastfeeding!

Archived