New and wondering if the Whole30 will help with pregnant joint pains?

I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant, and am just really achy in my ribs and back, as well as my hips. I work out a few times a week (30 mins of light strength training, plus 30 mins of walking, nothing strenuous) and that hasn't helped with the excruciating pain I'm in. I think maybe it has to do with inflammation? I'm just curious if the Whole30 might be able to help with this. I've also just been gaining weight too fast now that I'm in the home stretch of my pregnancy, and really need to lay off the cheese and chips, and I want to be as healthy as possible for my little baby boy, and to be able to show him how to lead a healthy lifestyle by example. Anyway, just was wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom or advice for me? Thanks in advance.

I can't say, because I ate all the carbs and woke up starving for chocolate milk and sandwiches at 3 am from about 32 through 38 weeks (when all I wanted to do was sleep all the time, hah), but I had all kinds of swelling and inflammation too. I'm not sure diet would have helped at that point, since there was a lot more going on than food. Have you talked to your OB or midwife? You might get a nutritionist referral.

There's a Whole30 pregnant/breastfeeding protocol in the book It Starts With Food, which you should read before deciding to proceed (there are protein concerns, especially as you progress through the third trimester).

Archived