October 15th a restart for a Whole 30 Days

TheGle

I am finishing the book more slowly and contemplating that  It [Really] Starts with Food and with determination to truly understand what is going on this time. So I'll be studying hard tonight and continuing with it every day.

I'm also seeing more and more evidence that sugar could be linked to neural functioning and cognitive memory deceases like dementia and Alzheimers.  So yet another reason to eliminate this stuff from our diets, ASAP. I can imagine that this could start getting very seriously bad if more people start getting this at a younger age :huh:  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141007111227.htm

____

So October 15, mid-week, preparing for it today and tomorrow. I have my list of good foods to eat / make and leftovers to take, and safe restaurant foods I can eat. I will have more water this time around as I got dry-mouth last time and mistakenly thought it was food I needed when it was really only water. 

I will be start the Power 90 workout tomorrow, and every day (5 - 6 days a week) for 90 days. I will take all my measurements and photos to get ready. I will reset my Whole 30 Daily reminder and any other Daily reminders I can for inspiration on Tuesday.

I have a real life buddy who's going to do this with me and of course I invite anyone to join me and even the people who followed me the first time around. 

Day One Wednesday October 15th.  :D

So far so good, day 4 PLUS a weekend PLUS a card-game last night (which I passed, thank you very much) drank some soda WATER with just a piece of lemon in it. Had a couple of seaweed snacks just to fit in and made conversation, play and laughter my focus for the evening. 

I could do this forever, but I miss the "food" social events where food is the focus so I'll bide my time, follow the WHOLE food philosophy for now and take heart in the knowledge that there may be some truth, for me, in some of what I've read. 

Happy Rest of the Weekend, everyone who reads this :D

Hi Tess. I started on the 16th, Ive never actually completed a W30 so Im working hard to do so this time around. I dont have the book and I dont have a lot of time to dedicate to reading at the moment but its really important for me to do this. Today I struggled a little bit with sugar cravings and I did have a nakd bar but Im not over eating, eating out of boredom or out of habit. I do struggle with meal prep and I realise Im not a massive fan of veggies. Also, there seem to be foods that I just cant eat, Im experimenting with monitoring how I react to nightshades.

I also find myself missing my 'happy' times when my teenage girls are baking and we share a coffee and a slice of cake or cookies. However, I dont stop there, I eat lots of cake, and chocolate. So Im tackling some of my triggers and Im in the early stages of learning how to not over do it when it comes to food.

Good luck as we head into a new week!

Hi Tess. I started on the 16th, Ive never actually completed a W30 so Im working hard to do so this time around. I dont have the book and I dont have a lot of time to dedicate to reading at the moment but its really important for me to do this. Today I struggled a little bit with sugar cravings and I did have a nakd bar but Im not over eating, eating out of boredom or out of habit. I do struggle with meal prep and I realise Im not a massive fan of veggies. Also, there seem to be foods that I just cant eat, Im experimenting with monitoring how I react to nightshades.

I also find myself missing my 'happy' times when my teenage girls are baking and we share a coffee and a slice of cake or cookies. However, I dont stop there, I eat lots of cake, and chocolate. So Im tackling some of my triggers and Im in the early stages of learning how to not over do it when it comes to food.

Good luck as we head into a new week!

Hi Genifer

I am still doing okay, a few small errors but nothing serious. I have the book and I've been reading it, watching YouTube videos about this whole fat, sugar, legumes, thing and it does make sense. I sometimes wonder if the obesity epidemic isn't being fueled by Big Pharm  I am a fan of veggies but I do get bored of them and just want to chow down on nuts or fruit sometimes. I've been on a Paleo diet for about two years now, but I overeat, I don't eat enough fat and I binge drink every so often. 

If nothing else I'm learning how to curb my alcohol craving by not being able to stand how it makes me feel anymore. Same with sugar, every time I have something sweetened (artificially or not) I stop. Even some super sweet fruits like dates kind of make my teeth hurt they are so sweet to me now. I've been struggling with the Whole 30 diet for about a month and a half but I restarted on the 15th to really try hard this time.

Social gatherings are the hardest when there are no alternatives - it's not like you can whip out a can of tuna and eat that instead when faced with fresh baking :D.

Hope your week is going well too.

Archived