Starting Tomorrow - 10/26

DogMomBre

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to introduce myself & say hello.  I'm starting my Whole30 Journey tomorrow, & I couldn't be more excited about it, to be honest.  I've spent a bit of today food prepping, & yes, having my last "freedom meal" of fried chicken & mac n cheese, with a kale salad.

I don't eat horribly - a lot of fruits & veggies, as well as lean proteins... but I love my coffee creamer, & chocolate as well.  I am starting this journey somewhat "alone," as my husband will not be participating (but that's a whole 'nother story... :rolleyes: )- so I'm glad to see the support that these forums bring.  I know it will be a little rough at times, but I'm just SO ready for the final outcome.

Looking forward to the journey & hopefully getting to know some of you!

Hi there DogMomBre,

I am in the same situation you are.  My husband did not want anything to do with this program and I'm doing it alone.  That requires cooking tow separate meals and that is a bit difficult.  I also have always eaten lots of veggies and fruits but do not eat beef or pork.  This is journey that I started to loose some weight and just feel better about myself.  Well, here I am on day 26 and it's been an awesome journey.  I feel great and have not had any cravings that I have not been able to cope with.  Once I thought I would really like a margarita :wub: but I just had a big glass of water and told myself I have to do this.  I have found that I don't want any snacks and have no desire to have anything sweet.  My husband has ice cream every day and I am at the point I don't even want any. Boy do I hope this holds out.  Since I have not been allowed to weight I don't have any idea if I have lost any weight or not. I have never had any real BP issues but it down to about 106/68  and staying there before it would bounce around to the high side of normal.  I feel great.  The only issue I have had is once in a while when I'm working outside in the yard I get a little light headed but it passes pretty fast.  Hope all goes well for your.  Hang in there.  We can do this!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! You're in the final stretch - HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!  :D  :D  :D  :D

I'm a HUGE "taster" when it comes to cooking, so I know that's a habit I'm going to have to kick to the curb (when fixing his foods, anyway).  For the MOST part, he will likely eat a lot of the meat options I make (well, some may have to be covered in cheese, knowing him) - but he's a pretty picky eater, as well, so we will see.  I'm lucky that I do love cooking, so hopefully that makes it all a bit easier.  

I haven't weighed myself, personally, in over 2 years - I typically go by how my body looks & feels in my clothes (& out of them, I suppose)... if this helps me lose a few pounds, I'm grateful, though!  

Thank you for letting me know about your progress - it makes me excited to see my own!  I'm so proud of your success - it's amazing how much food truly does effect your body

Archived