MiCo's Whole30 log

Mico

Not sure if I'll update daily or weekly, but I wanted to start a log today.

B=banana, mush/on frittata & 1/2 grapefruit w/blk pepper

L=kale/spinach & lots of veg salad, w/homemade balsamic dress & pistachios, apple & almond butter

Pre-wod snack=banana & almonds

Post-wod=coconut water

D=sweet potato w/cinnamon & pecans

+meditated 10min

+CF WOD

• 3 weeks later...

So, I haven't been great at logging food or anything else here.

Day 10, & starting to feel... More energetic?

Also, first day of my cycle and lower pain level. THIS is why I'm doing this. Last Labor Day (2011) had such severe menstrual pain, I thought I was dying. That turned into wanting to die. That was my lowest point. I've spent the past year really trying to heal my body. It took me 5 months & several doctors to get someone to listen to me, & not just write me a Rx for pain & send me on my way. In May, I had a laparoscopy to diagnose & "treat" my endometriosis. I spent the next two months recovering from the "minor" outpatient surgery. I'm sensitive, what can I say? In July & August, I got back to my routine, started Crossfit, & began experimenting with my diet. Slowly eating less grains & completely eliminating legumes.

Started my first Whole30 on 8/20. Almost passed out at work, so when the nurse handed me a gatorade & saltines, I didn't feel like arguing. Restarted 8/27. Brings me to now.

Thank you! I'm feeling pretty great today, which is awesome. I just wanted to record my honest thoughts last night, more for myself. I find with chronic pain, that once it passes, you forget how severe it was. Just wanted to note that it wasn't that bad last night. And so far today, not bad. If this trend continues, Whole30 is going to become WholeLife.

Today's summary:

I've been less hungry/eating less food the past two days. I think part of it is my cycle/tom, but I suspect part of it is my hunger balancing out. I know I ate more fruit the first week, because I thought I was hungry. I was also working out more last week though, & I haven't done any crossfit this week due to a crazy busy active week at work. I like feeling more intune with my body/hunger.

Day17. Finding everything pretty easy now. Haven't had as much time to blog as it's busy season at work. Feel like I've been immersed in food planning/exercising outside of work. This past week at CF has been awesome. I got double-unders today!! & managed abt a dozen!! My recovery is noticeable better. Feeling happy, good & pain/symptom free right now.

Archived