Newbie - Making My Introductions

stubz706

Finished today! Well not until the proverbial fat lady sings, and as this imaginary lady has been on the Whole30 with me (in my mind) she is now the not so fat lady. Obviously there isn't anyone in my mind, it's simply me trying as hard as I can to make a joke about 'the fat lady sings' I don't think I'm doing to well though. Lol.

In any case today is day 30 for me.

Congrats on your 5k run, I have a charity run coming up a week on Sunday, I haven't done any specific training for it, just my normal Martial Arts, Rugby and Crossfit. I should be ok. I'll of course try and post my best time.

I'm actually a little nervous to go out in to the big bad world. I'm worried about some of the choices that I might make. :-S I think more worryingly is that in the Daily email for Day 30 it talks about the slow re-introduction of foods (as it does in the book) and suggests that this process takes about 10 days.

Now all along I have said to myself that I will have some alcoholic beverages and the like at my friend's wedding in Sweden. I have also said to myself that I will get back on to the Whole30 when I return from the wedding. I will read the book today and find out what the re-introduction looks like, and perhaps I will save that outlined process for my next whole30? Who knows. What do you think?

You're on day 25 by my calculations. And you are so very near to the end. One word of warning, the dreams don't stop, tehe. At least not for me. I had a nightmare last night or the night before that I ate a sandwich. Lol. I know eating a sandwich isn't the end of the world, but in my dream it was day 29 and I the sandwich and was really disappointed with myself that I'd have to start the Whole30 all over again. Haha.

You ready for your imminent trip to Chicago? Are you going to abstain from deep pan pizza?

Well, well, well. Is the magic beiginning? I woke up this morning at 0700 with no alarm not nothing just woke up! Day 11 and I'm full of energy...so far... it is only 0853. Lol. I was singing in the shower this morning and singing and smiling at work too. Is this the start of something new?

I had another food dream last night, this time it was about chocolate. Hmm they were yummy in my dream. I honestly didn't think I would be getting any of those types of dreams but hey ho. At least they are in my dreams rather then in real life. I guess the craving in my dreams makes up for my lack of craving in real life.

@connistock how are you getting on? You still going strong. How is day 11 feeling for you?

This has been happening to me for the past two days?? Waking up an hour before the alarm goes off... result of less fatigue? more energy??

Driving me crazy!

Hello, congrats on finishing the 30 days! Have you compared any before/after results? I've been off the radar for a while as have been working away in South Africa. I managed to keep a blog, but couldn't get onto the forum.

I'm still 'on' the whole30, and tried to do my utmost to eat as cleanly as possible, but sadly it is so so hard when eating at the hotel every day etc. I always made the best decisions, made a DIY salad every day, was a total pain in the arse to dine with given my long list of tweaks to the menus etc, but there's still no knowing for sure that the food you're given is dairy/wheat free etc... so with that in mind, I'm going to keep going past day 30 (I'm on day 24 today, can't believe it) to try and flush out the 2 weeks of working abroad.

All I know is that it was very stressful not being able to cook my own meals and know exactly what I was eating... this whole thing has made very particular about what I eat, and I got quite upset not being able to eat awesome meals that I'd gotten quite good at making! On the way home yesterday stopped off at Tescos and was genuinely so excited to be able to buy whatever veg and meat I wanted and cook up, and rushed home to make a great meal. The long haul flights/lack of sleep etc meant that I caught a bug whilst working away, and as I was eating my first meal at home, it was as if I could feel my body thanking me!

Even though I think I managed to stay pretty much whole30 'compliant', I certainly wasn't eating as well or as much good food as I would otherwise cook for myself, so am prolonging the whole30 into a whole45, when I'm having a leaving party and alcohol will pretty much be a definite must!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing your 30 day summary!

I made it! Saturday (Day 29) was maybe my hardest, because it involved a day trip to Chicago. The group I was with went for pizza, and I managed to find stuff on the menu I could (mostly) eat. Imagine me sifting through the minestrone soup to fish out the peas and pasta. Anyway, I'm feeling good, and I weight 8 pounds less than I did 30 days ago. I have a health screening at work tomorrow - I'll be interested to see what my blood sugar, cholesterol, etc., numbers all are. They're usually pretty good, but maybe they'll be even better.

Archived