Anne's W30 Log -start date 12/30/14

wamsmom

Day 1-feeling fine. I was starving at 3:30, and had nothing left to eat at work. I got home at 5:00 and grabbed a Larabar to tide me over till I could cook. Managed to get through the day. Hurray!

BF: 3 eggs, sautéed spinach 1/2 avocado. Delicious, but difficult to eat in the car!

L: tuna, 2 celery sticks chopped up, the rest of the avocado, a splash of olive oil, bell pepper strips, an orange

S: Larabar and a handful,of cashews

D: chicken fajitas on lettuce wraps

Day 2 - NYE - sluggish and ugh.  I woke with a slight headache.  At work, it was like I hadn't slept in a week.  Yawning, tired eyes, no focus, moving in slow motion.  I ended up taking 1/2 an Imitrex for the headache.  A couple times, I thought about starting over tomorrow, justifying that I was so early in the plan, how could starting over so soon hurt.  But, I didn't.  Yay me!  Fortunately, NYE was at home (like usual) watching a movie, the ball drop in Time Square (11pm my time), and then bed.

BF: 3 slices no-sugar-added bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, a banana

L: boars head turkey wraps with bibb lettuce, bell pepper strips, baby carrots, grapes

D: lamb chops, skillet red potatoes cooked with ghee, asparagus

S: a very small handful of cashews when I got home from work

Day 3 - woke up again with a slight headache.  since I got to sleep in, I'm not feeling nearly as sluggish as I did yesterday. The not sluggish feeling didn't last long.  I was pretty much a zombie all day--sat on the couch and watched TV, fought off a dull headache, took a nap, did nothing productive (except heal my guts).

B: sweet potato hash w/kale, leftover lamb chops, 2 poached eggs on top.  So full!

L: Boarshead turkey rolls with butter lettuce, a few olives

D: Aidell's chicken & apple sausage, green beans, broccoli, a few cashews

S: grapes

I want to make a goal of not eating after 8:00pm.  I ate the grapes at 8:30.  It was probably a habit--fake-hunger.  I will be mindful if that temptation comes again.  At least it wasn't graham crackers and marshmallows.

Day 4 - I had a headache pretty much all day long.  But, didn't feel quite as "flu-ish" as I did on New Years day.  I wasn't as hungry either.  I do feel like I'm mourning coke and dr pepper.  I have decided that I will have to keep soda on my no-no list forever.  It's a huge trigger for bad food choices, and I can't stop.  I had a "kill everything" moment when I got home from work, had to pick up Margaret, and she asked "what's for dinner."  UGH!!  Then came back home, had to clean the kitchen and THEN fix dinner for all of my lazy family.  I think that's the thing I hate the most of everything, ever.  So frustrating.  But, after I ate, I was better.

B: leftover chicken & apple sausage, green beans, broccoli

L: chef salad without the cheese and oil & vinegar from the deli at work.  a little tasteless, but ok

D: a little bit of bacon cooked, chicken cooked with the bacon, carrots, leeks, asparagus, some coconut milk and red curry paste.

Day 5:

B:  2 deviled eggs, 2 strips bacon, baby carrots

L:  lamb chop, sweet potatoes, cashews

D:  hamburger with sautéed mushrooms, tomato, avocado, lettuce, mustard

S: blueberries, coconut chips, almond butter

Day 6:

Fast Sunday

L after church (2:30pm): deli turkey, baby carrots

D: cracklin' chicken from Nom Nom Paleo, broccoli, pineapple tidbits

B: deli turkey, apple, almond butter, carrots

L: leftover cracklin' chicken, broccoli, tangelo

D: chipotle salad with carnitas, pico de gallo, guacamole

Day 8:

B: Scrambled eggs, sautéed spinach, ghee

L: deli turkey, bell pepper, avocado, pineapple

D: chile, broccoli

Notes on Day 8:  I think I've hit a milestone.  The craving to snack when I got home from work yesterday and today was almost not there.  I still thought about going for a small handful of cashews, but it was surprisingly easy to squash that urge.  After reading the W30 blog and emails, I've realized I have been substituting the nuts for the junk I used to snack on before I fixed dinner.  That isn't W30 compliant--I was not actually breaking the bad habit, just substituting something that seemed a better choice.  The brain response was still the same.  I am noticing the fog is lifting--not only from the early W30 detox, but from my days/weeks/months before W30.  I'm waking up with a clearer brain (although I have woken up at about 3am the last two nights with a pretty strong headache--medicated with Imitrex, knowing the likelihood of it going away on it's own was slim to none).  In the last 2 days, I haven't had the afternoon energy crash like before (where I would quickly reach for a coke or dr pepper).  I'm seeing progress.  And as I move through the next week, I plan to be even more aware of the tiny little details of compliance that will make a difference.

I must say, last night as I stopped at the grocery store to get a few things for dinner, the walk through the bakery section sent sweet, sugary fantasies through my thoughts.  I'll be thrilled when those moments go away.

Archived