Number 4

Vian

Tomorrow marks the beginning of whole30 #4 for me. I've been AIP for the past 9.5 months, and while that means not eating a lot of things, sugar is actually allowed on the paleo approach version of the AIP (In moderation, but we all know how that turns out). 

So, my goals for this whole30 90 is to slay the sugar dragon once and for all. I think excess sugar is contributing to my inflammation (which is what's causing my psoriasis) and keeping me from losing weight. I want to be more mindful of my portions, if I'm really hungry or just wanting to snack, and avoiding snacking at all costs, especially when I get home from work. I would also like to see improvements in energy levels and my desire to workout. 

For exercise, I plan to workout 6 days a week, alternating between the Turbofire videos I have, swinging a kettlebell around, and bodyweight exercises. 

I have taken my "before" pictures, and measurements and weight. I will now hide my scale. I'm not a slave to the scale, but I do think I will be tempted to jump on it after a while to check my progress. I usually weigh myself once or twice a week. I will post the "before" pictures and stats once there is an "after" set to compare them to :P

What my whole90 will look like: 

Since I am AIP, I'll have a few more restrictions than the normal whole30. I have been able to reintroduce a few things though. I eat eggs, pecans, black pepper and some other seed-based spices, but I react to almonds. I tried to reintroduce white potatoes on christmas and had ambiguous results, plus I want to lose weight, so I will just leave those out for now. I may attempt to reintroduce other nightshades during my whole90 though.

Breakfast Day 1: Sauteed bacon and brussels sprouts topped with over medium eggs fried in ghee with a side of sweet potato hashbrowns, also fried in ghee.

post-32507-0-81698800-1420139818_thumb.j

Lunch Day 1: Leftovers: 3 chicken legs marinated in Nom Nom Paleo's orange sriracha chicken marinade (skipped the orange sriracha glaze, even though it's amazing), green beans cooked in coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper, and roasted garlic cauliflower mash with ghee. Not pictured: an orange and LaCroix lemon soda water.

post-32507-0-81322400-1420149930_thumb.j

Dinner: Used my new Instant Pot pressure cooker to make beef stew. It's so good. Stew meat, carrots, onions, cabbage, bone broth, a little nomato sauce, splash of fish sauce, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves, plus a sprinkle of parsley on top to make it pretty.

post-32507-0-68044400-1420168142_thumb.j

Craving sugar a little, but not too bad. No carb flu yet, but I don't think it will be too bad if I get it at all. While my sugar dragon is still alive and well, my tolerance for sugar is still way lower than it used to be. 

Breakfast: Same as yesterday. I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every day until I get really sick of it, then figure out something new. It's one less meal to think about.

post-32507-0-13125300-1420252874_thumb.j

Lunch was leftover stew with a lacroix lemon soda water and an orange

post-32507-0-15200000-1420252875_thumb.j

and dinner was a stirfry with grass fed sirloin steak, snow peas, carrots, broccoli, and green onions in a sauce of coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger and garlic with some black pepper. I was starving when I got home, so I ate a handful of black olives while I was cooking dinner.

post-32507-0-62896400-1420252874_thumb.j

Did a 15 minute HIIT workout. It ended up taking more like 30-40 minutes though because I kept having to pause it to rest. But I did finish it. And I got my kettlebell! Now I can start doing kettlebell workouts.

Breakfast: eggs, brussels sprouts and bacon, sweet potato hashbrowns with an orange and some moroccan mint green tea.

post-32507-0-77661900-1420340307_thumb.j

Lunch: leftover stirfry and lacroix lemon soda water

post-32507-0-70373900-1420340309_thumb.j

Dinner: lettuce wrapped grass fed burger with bacon, guac, pickles, and sweet potato fries.

post-32507-0-80670400-1420340308_thumb.j

Day 4

Breakfast: Same as I've been having, plus an orange. Loving these cara cara oranges, I got a huge bag of them at costco.

post-32507-0-62512200-1420433839_thumb.j

Lunch: Leftover bacon guac burger with sweet potato fries. I was so hungry I didn't even bother with a plate, I ate it right off the foil I heated it up on.

post-32507-0-85441500-1420433850_thumb.j

Dinner: Roasted chicken leg and thigh, garlic green beans sauteed in ghee, and roasted kabocha squash and a LaCroix lemon soda water. I also had another orange and a few (I swear, only a few) home-made apple chips. The apple chips are kind of food without breaks, but I just got a dehydrator for christmas and my aunt is coming in to town tomorrow, so I wanted to make a bag of apple chips for her and my mom, but I had to make sure they were good right?

post-32507-0-87974600-1420433859_thumb.j

Day 5: 

Breakfast: Same as always

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner the previous night

post-32507-0-62389500-1420605592_thumb.j

Dinner: Ribeye steak, salad with kalamata olives and red wine vinaigrette, and sweet potato hashbrowns

Day 6:

Breakfast: Same as always

Day6bfst_zps2a27ac83.jpg

Lunch: Chicken salad with leftover roast chicken, apple, celery, pecans, and golden raisins dressed in home made mayo. I ended up having the kipper snacks and the dip (mayo, lime juice, and mashed avocado) when I got home before making dinner.

day6lnch_zps52d503a7.jpg

Dinner: http://autoimmune-paleo.com/citrus-bison-meatballs-with-cr…/Only I used some basic beef and pork meatballs I already had made and just put garlic and ginger in the sauce, plus I added snow peas. Also had a few apple chips.

Day6dnr_zps191d920e.jpg

I think I'm going to stop taking pictures of breakfast and lunch, unless I have something different. It's getting a bit repetitive.

Breakfast: same as usual

Lunch: leftover sweet potato noodles with snow peas and meatballs, plus an orange, LaCroix soda water, and about 1/3 cup kalamata olives.

Dinner: Cod pieces dredged in egg, coconut flour, and arrowroot starch seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, fried in coconut oil, with home made tartar sauce (mayo with chopped up dill pickles, fresh dill, and lemon juice), with a salad.

day7dnr_zps55cd2010.jpg

Day 8: First day were I've REALLY been craving sugar. A couple hours after dinner I just wanted ANYTHING with sugar in it. I ended up having half an apple and went to bed.

Breakfast: Same

Lunch: leftover fish and salad, orange, LaCroix

Dinner: Zoodles with nomato sauce and meatballs.

post-32507-0-59558700-1420875280_thumb.j

Day 9:

Breakfast: Same

Lunch: leftover zoodles and nomato sauce and meatballs with an orange and LaCroix

Dinner: garlic sage chicken patties with home made ranch (mayo, onion, herbs, lemon juice), with a salad with red wine vinaigrette and kalamata olives.

post-32507-0-30408700-1420875290_thumb.j

Day 10: Forgot to take pictures of food

Breakfast: same

Lunch: leftover chicken patties with salad

Dinner: bacon guac burger with sweet potato fries

Day 11: 

Breakfast: same

Lunch: leftover bacon guac burger with sweet potato fries

Dinner: Roasted chicken, acorn squash with ghee, and roasted brussels sprouts. Also made tostones to go with another meal and ate a few while I cooked.

Day11dnr_zps4d14a35d.jpg

Day 12: 

Changed it up just a LITTLE bit for breakfast today. I had extra leftover brussels sprouts and acorn squash from yesterday's dinner, so I had them with breakfast, plus my usual 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. Also had a little tea with coconut milk.

Day12bfast_zps22699c9e.jpg

Lunch was leftover chicken thigh with roasted brussels sprouts and mashed acorn squash, plus a LaCroix lemon soda water

Dinner: I ate an orange while driving home (had it already peeled and ready to go). Dinner was a chicken caesar salad with leftover chicken breast, HB egg, kalamata olives and bacon. The dressing is lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, anchovy fillets, and pepper (a little mustard is a great addition to the dressing, but I'm AIP and react to mustard)

Day12dnr_zpsd0ff1627.jpg

Day 13: 

Breakfast: Same as day 12

Lunch: Leftover salad with an orange and LaCrois lemon soda water

Dinner: Pressure cooker lamb shanks with cauliflower mash. I used this recipe and converted it to the pressure cooker https://thissydneylife.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/ridiculously-good-herbed-slow-cooked-lamb-shanks/

day13dnr_zps47b42701.jpg

Day 14:

Breakfast: leftover lamb shanks and cauli mash plus sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch: More leftover lamb shanks and cauli mash, an orange, and lacroix 

Dinner: Scallops with zoodles and bacon http://meatified.com/zucchini-noodles-scallops-bacon/

day14dnr_zps3eeeea5d.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived