New Here

Sassy7

Hi All,

I've pretty much done Protein Power for 20 years, so am not new to low carbish/grain WOE.  Have been careless the past few months, and it's starting to show.  I live in a small mountain community with two grocery stores - neither of which has great fresh vegetables.  We have a meat market, but as far as beef is concerned, I have a quarter high mountain grass fed beef in my freezer.  Learned that the meat market finishes its animals on grain and gets its fish from Asia, where the waters are not known to be pure, so that's out.  Had pet 4-H lambs as a kid, and can't bring myself to eat them.  :)   Purest chicken is Red Bird - at the meat market. 

Now that that's out of the way, I read that someone on another post was d/ling a grocery list, which I've not found.  Couldn't ask because I had not joined the forum yet.    I'm hoping there are recipes that don't have 100 ingredients, as so many do in other recipe books.  I'm no youngster anymore, have had more than my share of standing in the kitchen cooking, and want simple, healthy menus and recipes.  I have Paleo Solution, Schwarzbein's book, and many cookbooks on low carb. 

That's basically me.  ;)  I've been looking over the websites, but obviously need help where to find recipes and grocery lists.

Thanks!

I'm new to this too. Have been vegan/vegetarian for the past 4 years, I loved it, but the brain fog, painful joints, and lack of weight loss have been making me crazy. It is going to be a few day before I jump in (trying to be careful about what I eat). Got to get my hormones in check (hysterectomy in 2005). Looking forward to getting started and the support from everyone.

Archived