RangerAJ's Whole 30 Blog

RangerAJ

Monday went well.

Eggloaf for breakfast.

Had appointments in town.  So I packed a serving of Creamy Italian Dressing (Well Fed Cookbook) into a lunch cooler,,,and headed out.

For Lunch I had a Chicken Breast Chopped Salad from Subway,,,and used my dressing on it. Delicious!!

I had a meeting in the evening that included a buffet.

So.....I threw leftover Shepherd's Pie, and some grapes, and tomatoes into a container and went.  I ate the food I brought instead of the Pasta Bar Buffet.

I think....No I know...my dinner was better.

Lets do this!

Day 22 Gone!

This has gotten much easier.

I was commenting to a friend today,,,that since starting,,,,my vegetable purchases have exploded!,,,and I am actually having challenges to keeping enough in the house.

I have gone bonkers purchasing spices,,,and other items to help me start.  To stop at 30 days would be a waste of my money,,, so I have decided to go

Whole100.

My husband says he notices the excess weight coming off me,,,and I can tell you my uniform is fitting better.  I had to bring my duty belt in one notch today,,,as it was feeling loose.  Hurrah!!!

I have been able to experiment with a couple new recipes a week,,,as I try out new things.

Lets keep going!

AJ

Day 24 looks great!

Thank You Shelley for keeping tabs on me.

Last night I made Meat & Spinach Muffins.  They came out Great! 

The recipe says you can grab-em on the go....and eat hot or cold.  12 of them in the batch.... I will have some extras for lunches this week.

Today I am making Sunshine Sauce.  Sounds yummy....

I still feel terrific,,,,and look forward to the end of the month,,,so I can look back at where I have been,,,and where I am now.

Got our order from Bountiful Basket last night.  We decided to order the Organic veggies/fruit.  Not a HUGE assortment,,,but nice. 

Included in the bundle was Collard Greens.  I have never eaten or cooked with them before.  I am thinking of chopping up,,,and placing in this week's Eggloaf.

Have a Great Day!

Tackled some new recipes over the weekend.

Made some Sunshine Sauce. Very good. Tastes like a authentic Thai Sauce.

I also made a batch of "Ras El Hanout". Very Moroccan!

For Dinner last night I made Cinnamon Beef Stew w/ an Orange Gramalad.

The kitchen smelled like magic!

The flavors were amazing.

Today I had Eggloaf for breakfast.

Lunch.... Missed it.

Dinner..pork Chop,, w/drizzle of Sunshine Sauce. Mashed Cauliflower, and Cumin Roasted Carrots.

Onward!

post-57721-0-95942000-1422323768_thumb.j

post-57721-0-88614500-1422323792_thumb.j

post-57721-0-92724300-1422323806_thumb.j

post-57721-0-59407600-1422323821_thumb.j

Just a note on collard greens. They take a long time to cook or they'll be tough. Sauté some onions and garlic in bacon fat then add a smoked ham hock and season liberally with chili powder, and salt & pepper. I also add cayenne pepper. Then throw in the greens and add chicken broth/water to cover. Heat to a boil, cover and simmer on low for about 1.5hrs. Make sure there is no sugar in the bacon but everything else should be good.

In the South we eat a lot of greens :)

Great log & keep up the good work!  

Day 29 is here!!!

This journey has been very rewarding in the way I feel,,,and look.

i don't want to go back to my crazy eating ways.

Speaking with my husband, I have decided to move fwd and continue eating a Paleo Diet.

This weekend I will post a couple before/after pics with results.

Take care!

Archived