Round 2

Vicks

So my first whole 30 was pretty easy and I haven't really stopped eating like that. I just wanna try something I didn't do before which is journal my meals every day.

So today

Breakfast

Two eggs, a bunch of bacon, half avocado (i think)

Lunch

"shepherds pie"= ground beef, sweet potatoes, broccoli carrots, handful of nuts (walnut/brazil), a banana

dinner

probably more shepherds pie and a mango

Thanks, Melissa. :]

I got 'It Starts with Food' for my parents and my dad and little brother have committed to changing their eating habits and are already seeing a lot of benifits!

Day 2

Breakfast

two eggs, 1 avocado, some bacon, and half a banana

Lunch

Shepherds pie (ground beef, walnuts, carrots, sweet potato, brocolli, cauliflower)

Dinner

Mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, sardines and a mango

Yesterday (day 3)

eggs bacon avocado for breakfast and coffee

lunch was more mushrooms and tomatoes, leftover bacon and some walnuts

dinner was salmon and asparagus

today

breakfast was eggs and bacon and a banana

lunch was eggs, salmon cilantro carrots and kimchi

idk if i'll eat dinner. not that hungry. just had "lunch" at 430 pm

but i'll probably be cooking up some squash.

really craving fruit but i dont have any other than frozen berries and a banana. but im not eating any right now because im full.

day 6

breakfast

2 eggs, 3-4 bacon, 1/2 avocado

lunch

1/2 avocado, calves liver, and squash

snack

banana, handful almonds

dinner

sweet potato, ground beef

edit

was sill hungry so i had another banana/nut snack

day 8

breakfast

2 eggs, a tin of sardines

lunch

squash, kimchi, pork roast, and maybe bok choy.. dont remember haha.

dinner

more pork, bok choy, and squash

also had a banana and some almonds earlier.

now to work on my sleep!

day 9

breakfast

2 eggs, a banana and almonds

lunch

pork, squash

snack

a starfruit , banana and almonds

dinner

omelette, sweet potato

UH OH

had to edit cos around 11 pm i binged on carbs... mango, banana, sweet potato. sigh

day 10

breakfast

three eggs and bacon

lunch

sweetpotato, sardines, bacon, kiwi/strawberries, *greek salad

(noting that even though it seems high in carbs, i felt better after this lunch than i have after most meals in terms of energy)

dinner

not sure if i will have any. truly not hungry at about 7pm.

*greek salad was non compliant but im going to keep going. I made the choice because my mom really outdid herself making it and the total serving size was less than a cup of: tomato, lettuce, olive, pepper, onion, feta and the "potato salad stuff". (im guessing she put conventional mayo in there) I didn't eat possibly more than 3 or four bites of it so im not freaking out about it, but my whole 30 may go on for a few extra days or a week/whatever.

Yeah you should definitely tack on those 10 extra days at the end, dairy and soy (prob soy bean oil in the mayo) necessitate a re-set/extra days.

Don't be worrying about a meal being high in carbs, w30 is not a carb-restricticted plan. And try to add veggies to your breakfast too.

have a good day :)

Thanks for the tips Derval!

Day 11

Today was more scattered than usual. Slept great last night but didn't really feel hungry until late.

felt nice to take a break from food (lunch yesterday til about 5/6pm today) naturally

i think ive been forcing myself to eat too much lately when im not really hungry

First thing I ate was a banana and some strawberries/kiwi and literally 2 brazil nuts. I dont buy them but I think Ive been eating way too many lately. Definitely a weakness of mine so im trying to pretend i dont have any and leave them alone for a while..

Had the last of my kimchi, maybe half a cup..

then i decided to cook up some liver/onions which i almost took a picture of, im so proud haha. it was yummy, some garlic in there with roasted carrots and herbs.. kinda had a few bites of it didnt really put it on a plate but i picked away at it til i was full

so that about sums it up because i started eating later today.

i knew i should be eating more veggies with my breakfast

and im also getting the feeling i should eat so much factory bacon/eggs so ill probably have some of the liver/onions/carrots i cooked tonight for breakfast. gotta work on getting more of the leafy green stuff in!!

day 12

banana apple, small handful of brazil nuts

eggs liver/carrots

and its really hot!! so im snacking on frozen fruit (peaches)

drinking lots of water.

i find meat a lot less appealing in 90 degree weather. so prob gonna be eating more salads

edit- had a salad later

day 20

my stomach was in excruciating pain when i woke up and that lasted through the day so i didnt eat until just now

10 pm had a tin sardines, an avocado, sweet potato, some olives and tomatoes w tahini drizzled on top

now for some sleep.

Archived