Starting Fresh, Again

mokiki

Well, after 1 successful Whole30 in August and a botched attempt at a January Whole30, I'm starting my Whole9 Life today, completely fresh!

On top of improving my eating habits, I'm also using this next step to really get into an exercise routine so that it will become a lifelong habit, and taking more time to improve myself overall. I'm limiting social media and TV (and other time wasters), and instead spending more time reading, doing chores around the house, working out, and being good to myself and my family.

Gotta love a fresh start!

Day 1 Highlight: Accomplished a few big tasks at the house that I've been putting off for months!

M1: Primal Pac, coffee

M2: (postWO): baked sweet potato, artichoke salad, mixed greens w/ sunshine sauce

Snack: Larabar

M3: roast chicken, baked potato topped w/ artichoke salad, snap peas & mixed greens, kombucha

WOD: Pilates: 5 minute abs. 4 rounds: 8x push ups, 8x sit ups, 8x squats. 6 rounds: 5x loaded jump squats. 6 rounds: 5x hinge lift. 

Water: 120oz

I'd say that's a pretty great start! I'm sore all over from my workout, but that's a good thing. I definitely need to start incorporating some more cardio into my routine to help burn off some fat, so I'll work on that today.

Day 2 Highlight: Had a productive day at work, no snacking, and turned down some super delicious-looking ice cream.

M1: roast chicken, sweet potato, snap peas, coffee

M2: chicken salad w/ sweet potato, artichokes & mayo, mixed greens, apple sauce

M3: broiled flounder, baked potato, snap peas, olives

WOD: unplanned recovery day.

Water: 112oz

I ended up SO INCREDIBLY SORE from my workout on Tuesday, so I took the day off yesterday to recover and stretch. Thankfully my muscles feel much better today, so I’m looking forward to working on my core (and cardio)!

Day 3 Highlight: Went for a fun dinner out with friends

M1: Primal Pac, coffee

M2: chicken wings, apple, almonds

M3: arugula & fennel salad, shrimp ceviche

WOD: 50 calf raises. 4 rounds: 5x in place lunge, 5x jumping lunge, 5x push ups. 6 rounds: 30x jumping jacks, 30s tuck hold. 2 rounds: 20x sit ups, 20s EOs

Day 4: yolo

Day 5 Highlight: Perfect relaxing, lazy Saturday at home!

M1: scrambled eggs with potato, onion, and pepper hash + bacon, coffee

M2: cucumber with sunflower butter sauce, kombucha

M3: rainbow chard with bacon, raisins, toasted pistachios, poached egg

WOD: 15 burpees, 12 candlestick dippers, 20 dual bicep curls, 10 minutes cardio

water: 128oz

I did really great with food yesterday, but could have worked a little harder at the workout portion. It's just so much easier to get cardio in when there isn't snow/ice on the ground! I need to stop making excuses and start hitting the pavement now that the days are beginning to get a little longer.

Today, the sun is out and I'm ready to play outside!

I love that you write down the highlights of your day and focus on being productive rather than just eating productive. I think I'll start incorporating that into my own log :) After all, why strive to clean up your eating habits for greater energy and health if you waste it on tv??

I love that you write down the highlights of your day and focus on being productive rather than just eating productive. I think I'll start incorporating that into my own log :) After all, why strive to clean up your eating habits for greater energy and health if you waste it on tv??

Exactly! I love all the aspects of the "Whole9 life" and am excited to incorporate that into my day-to-day routine!

Day 6 Highlight: BEAUTIFUL day on the mountain with the husband! 

M1: egg scramble with leftover hash and roast chicken over mixed greens, coffee

M2: Primal Pac

M3: ugh... pizza.

WOD: snowboarded 7 miles

Yep, all went REALLY well until I was starving and my only option was pizza. The only upside is that it was a very thin crust, light cheese, and loaded with veggies and fruit... all using high quality ingredients. But that's the only upside.

I slept awful last night and didn't wake up early enough to accomplish everything I hoped to do this morning, so my day isn't off to a great start. Must be my punishment for eating pizza!

Archived