Introduction

Laurais01

I am starting the whole 30 program tomorrow. I let January weather get to me here in the mountains of WV and the comfort of the couch and sugary/starchy foods packed 12 pounds on me. I normally do a crossfit style cardio 3 days/ week with 2 days of running. I power lift 3 days/ week in a very supported group with an additional 2 hour "power Saturday" of squats, dead lifting and bench. Some of this weight is mass, but a lot is belly fat. I'm 46 and an emergency room nursing manager. I have a 9 year old son and a great husband. By Monday, I will be back on the above schedule and I'm sure I'll be drained by Saturday. My question is, will this " diet" be enough to support the above training schedule.

Welcome!

First off, Whole30 isn't a diet: It's a nutritional reset program to change your relationship with food.

And yes, many folks with similar workout schedules have had Whole30 success. For best results, follow the recommended template for your main meals and pre/post workout fuel.

You might want to browse the Whole30 for Athletes forum to see how other folks have fared with their training routines.   

Also, consider cooking in bulk and refrigerating/freezing meals ahead of time, so you always have something available.

Archived