Canned Tuna

I just created a dream recipe based on a craving I had- a salad with oil packed yellowfin tuna from Trader Joe's, cubed cucumber and avocado, sliced shallot and kalamata olives, chopped capers, basil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. It was really satisfying, until I realized...should I be eating canned tuna?!

As I said this is canned yellowfin and I can't seem to find anything but info about albacore...plus I'm not always keen on mainstream pregnancy guidelines (my fried eggs are not cooked until the yolks are dried out and hard...).

I would love to know this is safe to eat once or twice a week, it would make a fantastic, quick lunch. 

Thanks for any input! 

For a question of this nature, it would be best if you consulted your doctor, considering there is another living being involved :wub:

But, you may want to take a read of this article regarding mercury and fish and the research that is sited to help with making a decision:

http://chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided

Archived