Oxidizing the Adipose Tissue

Rebe_J

Tuesday

Yesterday was a good day overall. I got some grownup stuff done: appointment with financial planner, income taxes, including the unexpected out of state returns.

DH and I walked around the lake (2 miles) in shirtsleeves, which is rare in March. It was a beautiful day. I have to admit that the 2 miles was enough for me.

I am having a hard time believing just how out of shape and de-conditioned I have become.

DH is on board with the daily walks. No excuses.

Food was good yesterday, too. Three meals and a little snack after our walk.

Four more days of vacation with no major plans. During today's walk, I'll bring up some of the things I've been thinking about.

Day 1 of WholeX* is in the bank.

Friday already. Back to work tomorrow after 10 days off. I was pretty lazy most of the time, but I am thankful for the abundance of relaxation time. It had been a busy and stressful 6 months at work since my last vacation.

Time to face the music on my abundance of relaxation regarding my nutrition and activity.

Today has been nearly perfect in terms of W30 eating. I did have some coffee before meal 1. And I did not have a post workout mini meal. I didn't feel I needed it. Plus it's too close to regular meal time, and I don't want to push that back later. I have to get up early in the morning.

M 1: Eggs with bacon, salsa, avocado, cherry tomatoes on the side, a few strawberries

M 2: Egg salad in bell pepper boats--one of each of 4 colors. Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, avocado, small slice of melon

M 3: Chicken sausage with peppers, onions, mushrooms.

Workout: Simple & Sinister Kettlebell workout. Simple but not easy.

*Where X is the number of consecutive W30-compliant days.

Sunday

Having to be at work by 5:30am is tricky. I have to leave the house around 5am, which means I am getting up shortly after 4am. I really don't want to get up any earlier just to have meal 1 before I leave the house. Today, I made myself a bulletproof coffee at home, then packed something to eat once I got to work. I'm alone in my office until 9am, so there's time and space for a meal of sorts.

Today I brought little "sandwiches" made of potato slices and sausage patties. They filled the gap. Around 11am, I'll have meal 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived