day 5, 1 positive thing

bevtease

hey y'all! my Whole30 daily email said to go to the forum and post 1 positive thing (to reinforce my commitment before the weekend) so her i am.

this is my first time on the forum but my FIFTH day on the program. i think i'm doing everything right but i worry because i'm not experiencing any side effects. i am craving cupcakes, bread (any bread!) and mac & cheese but i haven't given in to my cravings - not once!!

so, my positive: my acid reflux has gone into hiding!! i usually take a 150mg ranitidine every morning and then, before bed i have to take another. but since Monday, i've had NO reflux!! THAT is what i think about when the cravings hit.

but, alas....it IS the weekend. my time for chicken fingers, popcorn, burgers & fries, so i KNOW i must be battle-ready. thus, posting for the world to see. tonight is my niece's 30th birthday celebration. at a MEXICAN restaurant! what can i eat???

Hello bevtease,

I understand what you mean about the cravings.  Sugar is something else...  Sounds like you had signed up for the daily newsletter during your whole30.  Also you said you like burgers and all that.  There's a great recipe for Big-O-Bacon burger on the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook and it may be on her website.. nomnompaleo.com

Good luck with the rest of your program.  The sugar cravings and all carb cravings will ease down in due time.

Blessings,

Sheila

Bevtease - I am on Day 5 too! (well, I'm actually on Day 6, but I signed up for the Daily a day late, so according to them I am on Day 5... :wacko: ) My one change that I can see already is that I'm sleeping better (probably because I've given up the wine!)

A Mexican restaurant dinner sounds like a real challenge! I was thinking about it just the other day. I used to be able to eat most anything when we went for Mexican when I was only gluten free. But now, with no dairy or grains it will be hard! The only suggestion I can think of is a taco salad with just the veggies and meat - no chips, beans, or cheese. You could take your own dressing (I carry a little vial of oil and vinegar in my purse for restaurant salads).

Good luck!

Hollylu,

Yayy!  Congratulations on your progress.  There's nothing more than sleeping like a baby at night, doesn't it?  I agree with the post above, Mexican food is gooooood!!  And it is a challenge to pick a dish from their menu that is paleo compliant.  Maybe the guacamole with some fajitas and holding off on tortillas?  My... this will be a challenge for me too.   

Keep up the great work and we, including myself are all doing the best we can.  

Have a great weekend.

Archived