Introducing Myself :)

The86Jamie

My name is Jamie and my husband and I are working on starting the Whole30. Obviously step by step, so today is step 3, so I guess we will start tomorrow. Monday February 23, 2015. What I am hoping to gain is a new relationship with food. I've have had eating disorders and body dysmorphia for most of my life, I'll be 29 in April, and I want it to stop. I don't want the scale to control my mood everyday, I don't want to beat myself up for not eating a specific amount of calories, and I don't want to have this horrible relationship with food. So that is why, after reading to where I've read, I think this 30 day commitment is right for me. :)

Thank you for that. I ment to say *have had* eating disorders in the past. I haven't relapsed in that for awhile now (few years). But I do still struggle with my body dysmorphia every day, and my relationship with food is still not a good one. I have looked at the link you posted, and will continue to read it throughout this prep day. :) I can see how the Whole 30 could open doors for binge eating in current bulimics, and I will pay attention to that old habit during the 30 days. I definitely do not want to travel down that path again. :)

Archived