Adding calories while pregnant

I'm on day 18 and I just wanted to check and make sure my protein wasn't going over 20% of my total calories, so I entered the few days meals into the lose it app and found that I'm eating very few calories. Plenty of fat! But generally 1300-1500 calories. Protein was 13% so I think that's fine. Should I add more potatoes? I felt like I was eating them at every meal so I backed off but now I'm kind of worried I'm not eating enough. Does it matter how many calories I eat if I'm full? I just want to make sure my baby is getting what she needs. My food log is bluegrass whole30. I'm kind of nervous to have people look it over and give me constructive criticism but I also have 12 days left and want to do the right thing for my baby. Thanks!

I know some people have talked about eating coconut milk (the thick stuff in a can) for extra calories while pregnant.  I can imagine that could be pretty awesome with cocoa mixed in, actually.  So, maybe something like that would be useful if you want some extra calories without worrying about the protein percentages.  

Thanks Nikki, I do use coconut milk in my coffee and wouldn't mind drinking more of it but I can't afford a can every day! I'm thinking since avocados are in season and affordable I could eat more of them... and mostly I'm gonna not worry about calories as long as I'm not hungry all the time (like I have been lately). I'm so stingy, if I have planned to eat leftovers for lunch the next day,  I only eat what I've portioned for dinner... but sometimes I really need to eat more!

Archived