Starting tomorrow with my 15 yr old daughter

roxy27

I heard about the Whole 30 challenge through a mom I know from an internet group.  We have toddlers that were born in Oct 2012.  I have 4 children, ages 15, 11, 8 & 2.  I've been trying to eat better and lose those last 10-15 lbs.  I am at a "healthy" weight and I've been exercising, but seem to fall into the same traps that don't allow me to continue to my goal.  When I heard about the challenge, I wasn't really interested and it sounded to restrictive.  But, it stuck in my mind and the elimination aspect intrigued me, especially in relation to my 15 yr old daughter who has suffered from chronic stomach pains her whole life and also has ADHD & Dyspraxia.  She has been inspired recently to try to eat better and lose some weight and had asked me to help support her.  (And she has lost about 7 lbs over the past month) We have tried some varying degrees of altering her diet through the years, but haven't truly set out on an elimination diet.  I asked her if she wanted to try this and she said she did, but she wanted me to do it too.  I am very interested in finding out what potential health benefits we both can achieve through this.  And I really hope we can help my daughter feel better and find the sources of her tummy problems.

Hello!

I wish you both luck in reaching your goals, and I hope this program helps with your daughter's stomach pains. I started my own first whole30 6 days ago. I already can tell that my body is happier! I wish my parents and I had thought of food as a possible source to my own stomach pains as a child. (the school nurses just thought maybe I was getting my period at the age of 8, apparently not the case) I hope to see that it has worked for the both of you. :)

Archived