Good Morning/Afternoon/Night (wherever in the world you are) all, I hope you are all well!

I'm starting my whole30 today! Getting back on the health train! My last attempt at a Whole30 (except it was 120) was some time ago - over a year in fact. I didn't do very well.  -_-  and since then I have only been putting weight on. In 2013, I was very successful with the whole30 protocol and lost some 84 Ilbs - that's right 84! Not in thirty days of course. I did the protocol for 7 months - with 3 weeks off in March. In any case because of my unhealthy relationship with food I fell back in to the trap of sugar and comfort eating and all other manner of poor choices. 

20 months on from doing so well in 2013 I have put all that weight back on. I couldn't tell you why, because when I had lost it all I felt so great and promised myself I would never get back to where I am now. I had plenty of people telling me that I was an inspiration to them. Many of which went on to read "It starts with food" and make life changes for themselves.

So here I am again. A new quarter and a the start of something new. I am taking this opportunity to have a total re-set so as to ammend my food choices. I want to feel how I felt in the second half of 2013. I know it will be a journey and I am going to take it one step at a time.

Who else is starting today? Are you brand new to this? Or are you doing it again?

Christiaan

Hello Christian, I am starting today too, I haven't done this before but have done an elimination diet that was similar and yes, felt great and have lost the plot again!!

I am amazed at your 84lb loss last time, let's hope we can permanently make better food choices.

As you have done this before any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Christiaan,

I'm with you.  I did this before for 73 days a little over a year ago.  I lost some weight, but have since regained it all.  I know exactly what my downfall is....Beer and chocolate!  Everything else is good, but I LOVE a couple of ice cold beers in the afternoon and some chocolate afterwards.  Hoping today will be the day I can give that up. 

At 61 years of age it's easy to say, "What the heck?  I'm 61 years old.  I deserve a treat"!  HAHAHAHA!!!  That is always my excuse.

Good Luck!!

Hi Christian - I'm a newbie today!  Looking forward to resetting myself!  This is my first time doing the Whole30.  My sister and her husband are also starting today.  They live 1 hour away, so we'll support each other via telephone.  I'm hoping to make some connections on the forum so I have, and can provide, support at a click!   :)

Let's get this started!! :D

Archived