April 20- Husband and me, kids partially

JillP

It is nothing new (we've been having storms for abt a month) BUT my ac is out until Monday so it is 82 in here. The dogs are panting.

I tried cauliflower rice and too it a bit far and made couscous lol it wasn't bad.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed we can have vegetable juice. Are any of you drinking any? Steak and potatoes today for Mother's Day! Penlyn: as someone who enjoys a nice glass of wine with a good meal I understand your dilemma. My favorite little grocery was having a 20% off 6 bottles sale yesterday, so I stocked up for life after the Whole30. I know exactly which bottle will get opened first! Let us know what you decide.

It's not just the wine but the mixed drinks. This place has "The World's Best Gin & Tonic" and it is amazing! Not sure where the bartender will be going after the restaurant closes.

Since hubby travels during the week, I feel like getting dinner (and lunch) made at home are little victories. Made more chocolate chili today. Had it on spaghetti squash tonight. Really like that. Sounds like a good breakfast tomorrow.

Have a great evening and day everyone!

Happy Day 22!  We went out for mothers day brunch (a buffet) yesterday and while my kids were oh so happy with the waffles and pancakes and french toast sticks, I was a little limited. There was a lot of meat at a slicing station so I had a slice of lamb. The only vegetables that seemed safe were brussel sprouts and then the salad bar so my meal was a slice of lamb, brussels sprouts, salad with olive oil and balsamic, and a dollop of guac.  Definitely not worth whatever they were charging per adult! But at least we got to get out for a meal! 

I've actually been feeling very full lately. I still notice I make tea out of boredom/habit so am going to try to stop that this week just to conquer the mental aspect of it. We will see.  Enjoy your Monday!

Is anyone starting to think about after Sunday? I really like having this group to stay in touch with. Wonder if we could keep posting here for a while. I'm planning on keeping going and introducing things slowly to see what happens.

Jen: Great job at the buffet!

I'm also loving not snacking unless I'm hungry which is really nice. However, I tend to put off eating until I'm really, really hungry so I end up snacking when I hit the kitchen to cook.

I have 30 days as the 19th and been trying to decide how we are going to reintroduce ( might just be me). Then I know on June 1 which is first day after intro I will be having a hot dog bbq that night with root beer floats so....just trying to figure out how many meals we'll have added things after that. I will stop worrying abt sugar in a marinade and such unless I see a really bad affect. We have discussed mainly eating the same but maybe having a side that has pasta or legumes too. Trying to keep it as just a small portion of a meal.

hey y'all! hope everyone had a nice weekend! mother's day was kinda tough - my kidlets were in rare form and i didn't feel "spoiled" because i didn't have a bloody mary/coffee & bailey's/pastry/cheese grits as a special treat in the morning. clearly a mental thing i need to get over! the hubs did make me an omelet with lots of veggies and chicken sausage, so that was nice. 

i've started thinking about the reintro phase too and i agree it would be nice to have this board to come back to if people are still posting. :). i feel like i still have work to do - sugar (in terms of candy and sweets, etc) is not my thing, but i feel like bread still has a strong hold on me and i'm nervous about reintroducing it. i am thinking i will read the reintro protocol this week and then come up with a plan. maybe introduce some hard cheese and keep the rest pretty much the same for a bit longer? a glass of wine once or twice a week might be in the cards, too...

i gotta say, though - i think i'm a make-my-own-mayo for lifer now :)

hope everyone's having an awesome day 22...thypeace, i have curry in the crockpot today! will you share your saag recipe?? 

i gotta say, though - i think i'm a make-my-own-mayo for lifer now :)

How long do you keep the mayo before it goes bad?  I made some more than a week ago but now I'm wondering if it's too old.  I just don't use a whole lot of mayo.

You guys are doing awesome!  I am going to follow the plan to the letter when it comes to re-introduction.  I believe legumes is first.  The official end of my whole30 is Tuesday.  So next Wed I will re-introduce my first food!

• Administrators

How long do you keep the mayo before it goes bad?  I made some more than a week ago but now I'm wondering if it's too old.  I just don't use a whole lot of mayo.

Mayo is good until the expiry date on the egg that you used.  It never lasts that long in my house!  

• Administrators

I just noticed we can have vegetable juice. Are any of you drinking any? Steak and potatoes today for Mother's Day! Penlyn: as someone who enjoys a nice glass of wine with a good meal I understand your dilemma. My favorite little grocery was having a 20% off 6 bottles sale yesterday, so I stocked up for life after the Whole30. I know exactly which bottle will get opened first! Let us know what you decide.

You can have vegetable juice but it's not at all recommended.  Liquid "food" does not have the satiety markers that tell your body that you've eaten.  Further, the juice is stripped from the whole food and you miss out on the fibre.  Even with a veggie juice, this can cause quite a sugar hit.  Please consider not drinking juices while on Whole30.

You guys are doing awesome!  I am going to follow the plan to the letter when it comes to re-introduction.  I believe legumes is first.  The official end of my whole30 is Tuesday.  So next Wed I will re-introduce my first food!

i make a double batch and it lasts about a week before we eat it all, but i think you can keep it up to a week past the egg's expiration date (i read this somewhere but can't find the source!). but, the expiration date of the egg may be a good safe bet :). also, all four of us like mayo, so that may be why we fly through it...

i now put mayo on tons of stuff - protein salad is a big one, but a dollop on top of sauteed or steamed veggies is delish. i also mix it with other stuff i make, like the roasted red pepper sauce, and dip sweet potatoes in it. it really makes chicken less boring too! 

I used tomato juice in a recipe on, I think, day 4, but haven't had any juice at all since. I was kind of surprised to see it on the shopping list, and your explanation makes sense, ladyshanny.

I would also like to check in with you guys after next week. We're moving the beginning of June, and I'd like to have some support during that time! I'm also considering pretty much staying on the plan. It seems to be working very well for me, but there are a few things I really miss! I look forward to hearing your post-30 experiences.

I'm thinking about reintro too. I have such a good thing going I don't want to mess it all up. We have a family BBQ on June 7 and my sons bday is June 6, my sister is visiting... I just don't want to totally derail. I need to look at the reintro. My brain needs a plan. The brain likes a plan!!

Yesterday we were at my grandmas house and there was so much junk. Long John Silvers, cookies, lemon bars, French fries. And I was feeling sad that I couldn't have a hush puppy and I thought to myself "those are NEVER as good as you want them to be, you would eat bunches of them and they aren't even good!" And the cookies were store bought, chocolate-chocolate-chip. I just kept smelling them because I can guarantee, the smell better than they taste. I ate me chicken and cauliflower and olives and everyone kept telling me how good I look. :)

Hmm.  So that was too many beets in one sitting.  Ayup.  Tasted great though.

In any case, I've been through reintro on this board, and based on my experience, I suggest just continuing to use this thread (assuming the moderators don't mind) rather than starting a new one.  The last time 'round, essentially no one posted on the reintro thread and the group just kind of faded away into other things.  I definitely think sharing experiences during reintro is a really good idea!  It was very helpful to me to read other people's information as I was doing it -- it validated some of the experiences I had.  I think, too, that there will be a wide variety of reactions.  For example, I know that legumes and wheat have no short-term poor effects for me, while dairy and corn do.  Other people will probably be just the reverse.  I think it's just as important to realize how different people are as to realize how much the same we are. 

ThyPeace, and too much fat has always been terrible.

Do any of you take supplements? I had bought a magnesium supplement (Natural Calm) based on some recommendation in an email for getting a better sleep - not sure if it was Whole30 related or not now - and I never got around to taking it but just was reading an article about how so many people are deficient in magnesium. It reminded me about the supplement and how I thought I'd get some probiotics and fish oil and all that and really wow my body with all the goodness but then never did! I'm not so good even remembering that I should take Tylenol if I have a headache - I'll moan about the headache for hours before my husband will ask if I took medicine for it. So, remembering to take a supplement of any sort might be problematic.  Curious what the rest of you are doing.

I had my first food dream last night. I dreamed I knew it was day 23, but I found myself eating crackers for some reason. They were dry and tasteless. It was very strange! I feel great today though. I haven't taken any supplements, but did take ibuprofen once or twice. I've got chili going in the crock pot today, and our grocery now has lots of peaches. I'm trying not to eat any eggs today.

• Administrators

In any case, I've been through reintro on this board, and based on my experience, I suggest just continuing to use this thread (assuming the moderators don't mind) rather than starting a new one. 

Posting on the same thread is a bit of a problem when you start getting into eating things that are not Whole30.  We like to keep the non Whole30 stuff out of the Whole30 compliant threads.  That's why we discourage reintroing in the Whole30 threads.  ;)

Posting on the same thread is a bit of a problem when you start getting into eating things that are not Whole30.  We like to keep the non Whole30 stuff out of the Whole30 compliant threads.  That's why we discourage reintroing in the Whole30 threads.   ;)

Is there a good place we can do a reintro thread?

Grilled peaches. . . .yum. . . .with honey. . .. yum.

Got up this morning and didn't really have anything I wanted for breakfast. Roasted a bunch of sweet potatoes, parsnips, etc. and had them with scrambled eggs. Just getting hungry now. Had a few macadamia nuts. I'm waiting for a friend to get out of a procedure at the surgery center. Lunch after I get him home. I should have planned better.

Archived