Getting off Ambiene

I'm starting W30 on the 27th after getting my book(YAY Happy dance!) and was wondering if anyone has had luck with severe insomnia, and completely getting off Ambiene in the 30 days. Been on it for 4 years and can't get off, even if I wean myself down to a 1/4 pill. Thanks!

No direct experience with the Whole 30 and Ambien, but I am a nurse and Ambien can definitely be hard to kick altogether, especially when you've been on it for an extended period. Make sure you're working with your doctor and have a good plan in place to taper down your dosage and that your doctor knows your plans so that he/she can be on alert that you might need supportive care to help with side effects, etc.

Best of luck to you!

i was on Ambien and found that once i was off completely I had rebound insomnia.  I couldn't sleep for 2 days.  It drove me crazy! I do take different herbs that i find at whole foods to induce sleep. It is good to rotate the herbs because your body can become use to them. I went down to 1/3 of a pill and a friend who is an rn said that down to that level, it is more of a psychological thing since you aren't taking too much of the drug.  Either way very hard and good luck.

Archived