Hi! Starting Whole30 May 11 - Excited to begin!!

pmwalker

Hi,

I currently am 50+ pounds overweight; was a twiggy my entire life until I quit smoking (yeah!!) and had a hysterectomy. Those two items added 25 pounds each...and have also created many other issues as well.  Triglycerides are up; cholesterol numbers are rising regularly; stress increasing; etc.

I thought after trying to work out regularly by myself and not making any headway, I hired a personal trainer last July.  I have been seeing her regularly 1x/wk from July until November; and 2x/wk since then.  Guess what...I have not lost one pound.  I have gotten stronger, and overall do feel better, but not about my appearance.  Saw my doctor in January...and the numbers don't lie.  I need to lose weight.  I eat fairly healthy...but obviously something is de-railing my efforts.  She suggested Whole30, as she tried it and she looks wonderful!  

So, Monday, right after Mother's Day, I will be joining the ranks!  I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your successes too!

Thanks!

Dawn

I'm starting May 11th too! It's my fourth time but I am just as excited. My first whole30 was two years ago and quite frankly I shouldn't even count the other two. But I'm looking forward to this one.

For me it's all about getting healthy and back on track with healthy habits all around.

So good luck to us both!

Archived