Lexical's w30 journey. Started Friday, May 15th, 2015

Lexical

Friday, May 15th, 2015

Food today...

1. 6 dill pickles (early morning snack)

2. 3 leaf lettuce wraps with avocado, sliced green apple, beefsteak tomato, carrot, cucumber, sugar-free salsa, black pepper, paprika, pink Himalayan salt

3. Lots of water

(WIll post photos of food later). 

How am I doing so far?

Are you following a vegan or vegatarian version of the Whole30? I'm not seeing any protein in what I'm assuming is your breakfast. Make sure that your pickles don't have added sugar or other non-compliant ingredients. Technically, what you've eaten is compliant, but you may find yourself struggling with the Whole30 as you progress if you're not getting adequate protein. You may also want to take a look at the meal planning templates (found here) and try to really commit to eating a full template-based breakfast within an hour of waking and then continuing to focus on the template for lunch and dinner.

I've got some protein in the avocado. :) Also, have hemp protein powder to chug down. Tastes nasty but very healthy. Don't eat meat although I might consider eating clams, oysters, mussels and scallops and also escargot and insects. But nothing "higher" on the evolutionary ladder than that. Thank you (for the meal planning template). I might have to fast on and off some days because eating like this is expensive. :) No, no sugar in the pickles. 

Archived