Day 14- just joined the community!

amandamarievth

Ummmm ok I guess I have mom brain and didn't realize today is the 15th! Ha! Day FIFTEEN for me!

I am excited to be on the forum! Great to be surrounded by others doing this when I want to shout it from the roof tops but decorum has me keeping my mouth shut unless someone asks.

I started my Whole30 on May 1st.

I was searching for a 30 day program online and came across The Whole30 and It Starts with Food. Between this site and my recently viewing the documentaries "Fed Up" and "Food Inc" I took myself to the library and checked out "It Stars with Food" and started my whole30. Finished the book, returned it to the library, and as of yesterday received my brand new shiny copy of "The Whole30" via FedEx yesterday. The curry I made last night was so delicious! Just in time as I was facing food boredom.

I am so happy with my results so far. The sugar withdrawal headaches hit hard day 3. I feel so much less bloated, and this week people keep commenting on how great I look (I have slimmed down a bit- I can see it and my clothes fit differently- I am shopping in my own closet in boxes of clothes I saved in hopes to fit back into one day). My changes have been so obvious that my husband finally asked me on day 12, "How long have you been waiting for me to say I want to join you doing this?" To which I replied with a giant grin, "12 days". The book is so great as a resource for him to read through what to expect as the headaches and lethargy hit him harder and sooner then they did with me.

In January I did a 14 day rapid weight loss program, lost a few lbs, gained a little back, but not all. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. In March I went super low calorie dieting, another 2 steps forward, one step back. But I was MISERABLE and STARVING, not to mention bloated and exhausted while doing that. With the Whole30 I am satisfied, full, not obsessing about food (well, not obsessing about the things I no longer eat that I used to stress binge on), and here at day 14 am feeling pretty great. It is reassuring knowing I am not starving my body to lose weight anymore, I am nourishing it to be a healthy, well oiled machine.

That was a long intro! Hopefully I held onto a few readers through the end! So happy to be here!

Archived