Whole 30 and BF twins

Hello,

I am considering trying the program, but was wondering if anyone had experience doing it while nursing twins. (like how much I should be eating and maybe some meal or snack ideas). My twins are 6 months old and mostly EBF with a tiny amount of solids. They nurse very frequently and I tend to eat a lot. I've been primal for 3 years, but I consume a lot of dairy and often cheat with GF grains since my pregnancy because I crave them so badly.

I have about 10-12 lbs of weight to lose and feeling like junk. I workout 5-6 times a week, quick but intense circuit workouts w/ rowing.

Any advice would be appreciated!! 

At a minimum you need four FULL template meals. Given your workout schedule, you should also read and take to heart the guidelines regarding pre- and post-workout meals. You also need TONS of water and I would suggest you pay special attention to starchy carbs both as a way to help maintain the calories you need and because low carb diets can muck with your supply.

Also keep some perspective on the situation. You have TWO precious babes that you're nursing and your body is focused on keeping them healthy and happy. Those last 10lbs that you want to get rid of may actually be physiologically healthy weight ESPECIALLY in the context of someone who is breastfeeding. You wouldn't be the first mom who found the pregnancy weight hanging around for awhile only to blink and see it gone almost overnight after your body adjusts to the needs of your babies and the energy demands of nursing. Lots of breastfeeding women don't see a dramatic change in your body composition if the first few months of nursing.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but reducing the number of days you exercise may lead to better results. Stress is stress as far as your body is concerned. Exercise is important, but it's a type of stress as far as your body is concerned. Too much stress causes your body to hold on to extra fat because, essentially, your body interprets stress as a sign of impending famine and wants to make sure you have reserves to get you through the lean times. Think about circuit training maybe 3 times a week and then go enjoy some walks in the sunshine with your sweethearts.

Archived