Why not today?

Higgles

For the past few weeks I was telling myself to start fresh 1 June. I had a pretty successful (almost) whole 30 a few months ago and  couldn't get myself to restart (always an upcoming event or vacation, blah blah excuses excuses). I was originally going to be out of town this weekend for the holiday but our plans changed and it occurred to me, why wait another week? I don't need another week to "mentally prep," so today is Day 1!

I'm excited to start again, my husband is less so... while he's very supportive, my eating plans obviously affect him and our weekend choices. I think I've learned a lot from my last attempt, and I know the only thing holding me back is myself and my choices. Here is to the next 30 days and good luck to anyone else starting today!

Hiya! I'm starting my second Whole30 today. I did 30 in Jan./Feb. and had some great results. I teach, so as the spring dragged on my eating habits grew less healthy. Now that school is out I'm ready to recommit. I want to feel that energy again!

Awesome, have a great first day! My first day was yesterday and as always, the first day goes well because you're excited! Leaann5, I'm in the same boat. Not a teacher, but my position at work changed a bit, different routine and I fell into the same bad habits. Thanks for the support :) 

I am on day 20.  I am no expert by any means but if you haven't read the book- you need to.  I found it really helpful.  I am a very logical person, probably over analyse everything but I need to know the why and how behind something before I can get fully behind it.  So on day 20- no cheats, haven't wanted to cheat- no cravings- even yesterday for brunch when my kids had chocolate cake. 

I have eggs for breakfast every morning- one less meal I need to think about.  For lunch I usually have a salad with a protein or leftovers- so the only meal that requires some thought is my evening meal.  And I know it will be a veg and a protein (obviously) so I have my ingredients ready to go so that when I come home from work I don't have to think about what I am going to make- I just do it.

It is a bit cliche, but if you "fail to plan then plan to fail".    I don't mean have everything chopped and prepared and ready to go- but by visualising what your evening meal will be- it makes it that much easier in the beginning till you get into a groove. 

You can all do this!!  Hell, if I can do this- anybody can.  

Thanks for the tips! I've read the book, twice now, but I didn't want to bother with the new one as I never use hardcopy cookbooks although I've heard its really good. I also have eggs for breakfast but I'm so bored with them. I eat breakfast at work because I go to the gym first thing in the morning, so I have to have precooked breakfast which is typically the same egg bake every day; my  issue is that its typically a bit dry without any cheese or sauce, so I'm trying to find a way to change it up. Lunch is always leftovers from the night before (unless I tried a new recipe and it didn't work out). I couldn't imagine making another meal for lunch, I feel like I barely have the time to get myself together each day :) 

Archived