Start date 6/7 and I have questions about the program with Type 1 Diabetes

Hi! I'm new to the Whole30 and a week away from my start date so I've got the book and have been reading over it. I'm worried about how the program works with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm overweight but my A1C has always been well managed. I'm worried about dealing with lows and how other diabetics deal with managing carb intake on the Whole30. I just want to make sure that I'm getting enough good carbs and not having lows at work/middle of the night and resorting to eating sugar to bring my bloodsugar up.

Thanks for any input! :)

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm new to the Whole30 and a week away from my start date so I've got the book and have been reading over it. I'm worried about how the program works with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm overweight but my A1C has always been well managed. I'm worried about dealing with lows and how other diabetics deal with managing carb intake on the Whole30. I just want to make sure that I'm getting enough good carbs and not having lows at work/middle of the night and resorting to eating sugar to bring my bloodsugar up.

Thanks for any input! :)

I know this is an old post but I'm also Type 1 and on my second whole30. I have cut down my insulin a lot. I drink OJ or apple juice if I'm low or eat a handful of raisins.

Archived