Brussels's Whole 30 Log

Brusselupsomegrub

So just winding down Day 1 now - I definitely get sleepy at my desk a LOT during the day at work, and have an almost constant urge to snack, drink coffee, chew gym and/or eat sugar. Oy! Hopefully doing a Whole 30 will help quash some of those habits. Anyway, here's how I did today:

M1: 2 hardboiled eggs + smoothie made of 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 avocado, few basil leaves, 5 lacinato kale leaves, handful baby spinach, 1 inched diced ginger & lemon juice; 1 cup black coffee (on the largeish side)

M2: tuna salad w/ homemade mayo, 1/2 a diced apple, scallions, 1 stalk of celery & mustard in a green bell pepper

Snack: 1 pink lady apple, handful unsweetened cacao nibs + black coffee (I definitely hit a HUGE energy crash at 3 in the afternoon)

M3: 3 scrambled eggs w/ Brussels sprouts, raw baby carrots, grape tomatoes & hot tomatillo salsa (this is way on the late side b/c I had class tonight and didn't have a chance to eat during/on the way home)

Snack: handful of coconut flakes w/ drizzle of olive oil, cinnamon & cayenne

*Also had a few cups of herbal tea throughout the day and a TON of water.

I also go to the gym before work most mornings, including today, and I have had the habit of working out on an empty stomach for over 10 years now - anytime I've tried to eat at ALL before working out, I'm nauseous and/or faint within 15 minutes into my workout to the point that I can't complete it. If I don't eat beforehand, I usually feel great. I'm willing to give eating a little something before working out a try again, but I'm pretty reluctant...

Alright - Day 2 was VERY stressful at work and because of some other stuff, but stuck to things I think! Still having trouble keeping coffee to a minimum in the morning and wound up eating too many apples today just because of what I had on hand at work - will be more prepared going forward!

M1 - 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 pink lady apple + black coffee

M2 - tuna salad w/ homemade mayo, 1/2 a diced apple, scallions, 1 stalk of celery & mustard in a green bell pepper

M3 - can of chopped sardines, black olives, 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, chopped basil, olive oil, salt & pepper

Snacks - 1 avocado w/ salt; a second pink lady apple; black coffee

These next couple of weeks are going to be super busy & stressful - I can definitely anticipate having trouble not snacking/drinking a lot of coffee, and unfortunately it's going to be VERY difficult with my schedule to get enough sleep. Any tips/support are welcome!

Archived