QueenMelli's 1st Whole30 Log

queenmelli

Alright, I'm late starting this log, so I'll get to it:

Day 9

Breakfast--3 eggs, scrambled with ghee

1/2 an avocado

Lunch---leftover Chicken Cacciatore (chicken, zucchini, carrots, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato sauce, s/p, chili powder, onion powder, garlic) Ate it as a soup. It WAS amazing. 

Small salad w/lettuce, 1/2 avocado mashed with s/p and 1 tbs whole30 mayo, tomatoes…used as dressing

10 cherries (fresh)

Dinner---1 porkchop

1 baked potato w/ghee

tomato and cucumber salad

My first week was easy going, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm not having the headaches and crazies like is described. I am feeling a ton better, though, not nearly as achy as I was and I am sleeping better. When I do get a sweet craving, I use my essential oil to combat that and it works pretty quickly. Haven't started exercising yet. 

Measurements on day one were:

43 1/2 Waist

48 1/2 Hips

29 right thigh

28 left thigh

45 chest

Weight (I've never admitted this to anyone) Ha, ha…umm, no.

Sadly, my BMI is 35.

ZoomButt.gif

Day 10

Breakfast in a hurry…2 chicken strips

Lunch…leftover cacciatore

salad w/avocado

watermelon

Dinner…pan seared fish and shrimp scampi (with ghee)

root skillet (cubed sweet potatoes, carrots, rutabagas, and parsnips, sauteed onion, chili powder, onion powder, dash cumin, herb mix, s/p)

broccoli w/ghee

I've been so short on time the past couple of days that I haven't taken time to talk about Whole30 and why I'm doing this. I have fibromyalgia. I'm fat. I feel ugly. I'm miserable. I am committed to the program because I KNOW I need to make changes to make changes. I don't plan on going back to my old way of eating after these 30 days, though I do plan on adding whole, raw dairy back to my food lifestyle after 90 days. I look around the forums and see people going on their 2nd, 4th, or 20th Whole30, and I wonder why they quit to begin with. It is said that it takes 20 days to form a habit. It would seem to me that by the time you've finished the first Whole30, that you should have formed good eating habits that would carry you over. I'm not judging here, I KNOW that food is an addiction, especially the carbohydrates. Is it a mindset? Do people think, "Well, I made it through the 30 days and now I can eat whatever"? Do people feel that after those 30 they aren't responsible or accountable to themselves to keep up with the more healthy food lifestyle that they formed? It seems to me that after you've struggled and made your way through the sugar withdrawals that you wouldn't want to go back...and if you did go back, why would you go through it again by doing another Whole30...you know how miserable it made you that first 2 weeks. Like I said, not judging, just wondering what the thought process is that would make someone want to go back and forth.

Anyway, I read in a book that, when going on a weight loss quest, it is motivational to take pics of yourself in clothes that you would like to fit into...button them, zip them, if you can...those clothes that make you bulge. These are your benchmark clothes (motivation). Then, it says to take a pic of yourself in your underclothes. It says these are better motivators than measurements. I haven't done this, but it's on my "to do" for this weekend. I can already tell my clothes are fitting more loosely, I don't have near the bloat I did.

The book** also says to set your goals. Those goals should be:

• specific
  • measurable-get cold, hard numbers so that you can measure progress (BMI, cholesterol, body measurements)
  • achievable-ones that you are capable of reaching, given your life commitments
  • realistic-be real about how many pounds are achievable in the amount of time you've given yourself
  • time based-set a day by day plan and follow it

And then, most importantly, the book says "BE CONSISTENT". I think this is where I've always failed in the past and this is why I like the Whole30. It gives me structure. I know I can eat "this, this and this"...and because it's so generous in real, filling foods, I'm not tempted by the "not that's".

When these thirty days are over, I'll be continuing strictly through the next 2 months. At that point, if I decide to have a treat on occasion, I can do it without fear of slipping back into my old ways.

Day 11:

Breakfast--on the run again, 2 chicken strips

Lunch--3 chicken strips, leftover root skillet, watermelon

Dinner--stuffed poblanos (chicken, root skillet, green chilis) topped with green enchilada sauce {roasted tomatillos, garlic, cumin, onion, serranos, chicken broth}

Mexican style Brussels sprouts (cumin, chili, oregano, cayenne, coconut oil)

and slaw (slaw, mayo, dash cumin, dash oregano, cilantro, lime, S&P, olive oil)    

**Total Body Transformation by Michelle Bridges

Hi queenmellis--

Just took a peek at your log, and I think you are low in the veggie department. You really need to get them in -- 1-3 cups a meal, and salad greens, raw spinach and the like don't really count in that amount. Your 2 chicken strip breakfast isn't the best for you either. If you are having to have breakfast on the go, what about making up a frittata, an egg bake, the egg bake/spinach egg muffins that you do in a muffin pan. Have portions of that ready to go with some roasted veg, have some olives along with it. I do an egg bake every week for my husband as he eats breakfast and lunch at work. 

Roast up some sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, winter squash, carrots, beets and the like and portion them up so you can grab a portion of veg along with your egg bake as you head out the door. 

Hey, SpinSpin

I agree my breakfasts have lacked the past couple of days. I usually eat 2-3 eggs, avocado, or some kind of potato/veg. I like your idea of frittata or something like that; it would certainly make those rushed mornings easier. I usually have enough time for cooking whatever I'd like for breakfast, so it's not usually an issue. I do much better at getting veggies in at dinner than I do at lunch, even though I usually take leftovers for lunch. I'll up the intake some. Thanks for pointing it out, I have been so full, I thought it was enough. 

CC

• 2 weeks later...

Archived