Isn't so much SWYPO??

runforcake

I'm on day 19 and been trying to come up with breakfast ideas like a compliant baked good I can take on the road for hectic mornings but understand that it's not allowed and considered SWYPO but then I was thinking wasn't the Meatza I made last night the same thing?? I'm on day 19 and finding that a lot of meals like zoodles and cauli rice are the same thing as a compliant breakfast zucchini muffin. Help. What am I missing? They all are trying to create something they are not.

Guest Andria

Cutting a vegetable into into a shape that resembles a noodle or grain of rice instead of cubes or florets is definitely not SWYPO like combining egg, almond flour, baking soda etc into a muffin, pancake or whatever.  You are just serving a vegetable in a different shape.  

A paleo baked good for breakfast is neither necessary (i.e., you could just as easily plan ahead and make an egg and veggie frittata and cut slices to take on the road OR wake up earlier to cook a quick breakfast before you leave the house) nor will it do you any favors (it does not fit the meal template and will not  provide you with the protein, vegetable and fat that are essential to get you going in the morning).

I wasn't adding flour to it but I guess you are right, it would be extremely difficult to follow the meal template. I was just thinking of it as how is it different from recreating naughty type foods to satisfy your need for pizza or pasta. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree it can be hard to see the distinction...the thing to remember is to follow the template. Make that your mantra. There is almost no way you can eat SWYPO if you are following the template! 

Like if I wanted to do paleo pancakes for breakfast, in order for me to eat enough egg protein I'd need like 6 pancakes. Which is like 6 bananas and a disgusting amount of nut butter. Which yeah, I could probably put away that many, but that vastly exceeds the amount of fruit and nuts on the template. And then I'd need to add a vegetable, but who wants to eat broccoli with their pancakes?!?! 

Save paleo baked goods and breads as a special treat (post whole30). I make these amaaaazing pumpkin paleo pancakes in the fall, and the banana ones on Christmas morning. They are special to me and to my family and they make me happy. But day to day? I try to make sure I follow that template so I can be fueled properly for my day. 

Archived