Starting July 6th

graceblue23

Hi everyone!  About 2 years ago I did my first Whole 30, followed by 6-months of eating Paleo.  I dropped 7 dress sizes, lost 90 lbs, calmed my immune system down, cleared up my seasonal allergies, calmed down my sensitive skin, and about 100 other small changes that led to feeling better than I ever have in my life.  I learned to cook. I learned to love the gym (really enjoyed the feeling after my workout for the first time ever).  So many people talk about wanting to sleep after eating, I laughed because I always felt like I could run a mile!

After 6-months, a bout of depression sent me back to sugar/flour (my two over-consuming food items), and it's been a struggle getting back.  I'm returning from the beach for the 4th of July weekend on Sunday, and plan to begin my Whole 30 on Monday in order to gain back all those things I've lost while eating poor food.  I'm looking forward to using this forum as a resource and a community, thanks in advance for your support. 

Yay for the 7-6ers! :) @emmajean - I'm nervous too...but, I know it's doable.   I never thought that I could be someone who didn't eat sugar or grains.  I found the first couple of weeks the hardest, but once the cravings subsided, and I started feeling better, I felt incredibly motivated.  That being said, that first week is a rough one.

I will be starting July 6th as well.  This is my first time doing a whole30, and I have asked my husband to join me.  He's not too excited about it, but he is being supportive.  We are going to his sister's wedding on the 4th, so we can get started after that weekend.

I will be starting July 6th as well. This is my first time doing a whole30, and I have asked my husband to join me. He's not too excited about it, but he is being supportive. We are going to his sister's wedding on the 4th, so we can get started after that weekend.

My husband and I are in the same boat... he's not too excited about it. In fact, we're both downright nervous! And I am scared when we try to reintroduce we're not going to tolerate anything. We both have a bunch of issues/intolerances already!

I'm starting my very first Whole30 on the 6th as well- I am excited, and nervous....I've been wanting to start it for about 6 months and I'm finally going to do it! :)

I'm trying to make a meal plan right now :)

Hey everyone - I'm starting up on the 6th as well.  So glad to have company! :)  My husband is (grudgingly) joining me as well as 2 of my 3 teenage girls. Are we all going to be cranky together!?!?  Wish us luck!

-Tia

(PS Does anyone else seem to be feeling the urge to eat all the carbs/sugar in the house now before it all gets taken away??)  :unsure:

Hi everyone! About 2 years ago I did my first Whole 30, followed by 6-months of eating Paleo. I dropped 7 dress sizes, lost 90 lbs, calmed my immune system down, cleared up my seasonal allergies, calmed down my sensitive skin, and about 100 other small changes that led to feeling better than I ever have in my life. I learned to cook. I learned to love the gym (really enjoyed the feeling after my workout for the first time ever). So many people talk about wanting to sleep after eating, I laughed because I always felt like I could run a mile!

After 6-months, a bout of depression sent me back to sugar/flour (my two over-consuming food items), and it's been a struggle getting back. I'm returning from the beach for the 4th of July weekend on Sunday, and plan to begin my Whole 30 on Monday in order to gain back all those things I've lost while eating poor food. I'm looking forward to using this forum as a resource and a community, thanks in advance for your support.

Wow good for you! I'm amazed at your perseverance to lose so much weight and work so hard You'll do just fine now The transition from Paleo can't be so bad

Good luck to you!

I've restarted July 1st yet I was Leary about the fourth so I'm on the fence I may join you if something goes sideways by the 5th! I really want to finish a 30 day compliant

I am also starting July 6th!  This will be my first Whole30 and I am a bit nervous because I love pasta and wine  :D

My husband (who hates pasta and wine) is going along for the ride, but won't fully commit to all of the rules (peanut butter and ice cream are his weaknesses).

Reluctantly starting Monday 7/6.....I say reluctantly because I sort of feel overwhelmed and don't know where/how to start. I have my shopping list and ready to tackle that but have no idea what meals to prep yet, guess I better get researching that before I go shopping :P

I Have a friend/co-worker who just finished her first 30 Day, I watched her waist practically dwindle down to nothing (she was fit anyway) but I could physically see the results in her. She has so much energy and she seems so much happier. She is glowing! I want all of this.......her results are my motivation and proof this can work for me. I'm tired of being sick and tired. I need to push the "reset" button on my body and feel this Whole 30 program is the answer.

Good luck everyone! I'd like to see how everyone does so I hope to see everyone back to report their first week!

Tee ball:

Do you have favorite recipies you like to cook?

My rule of thumb is 3/4 lbs Protien extra load of veggies extra fats and potato

Just go by the template and the grocery list W30

Dont use anything other than what is on that list and you'll be safe

Hi everyone.  I was introduced to the Whole30 by my best gal pal and she and I are starting the program on the 6th.  I have to giggle at some of your posts as they are so endearing.  My husband is also not exactly excited about joining me on the program.  I am employed full time, and starting the 13th I will also be in school from 6pm to 10:30 pm every weekday.  It could be a real challenge to make sure I am prepared with breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day to stay compliant.  I plan to get a lot of prep/cooking done on the weekends but will have to rely on him to assist during the week.  Out of everything, that makes me the most nervous given his lack of total enthusiasm.  It has helped that we have started making some compliant dishes to "try" over the last week.  We have been able to identify some that are fairly easy or can be made and frozen.  He actually made me Mango Shrimp Tacos this week that he altered to be compliant.  Someone let me know if these are not compliant as this dish is a keeper.  I don't know that there was a real recipe for it, but I shared it below.

In one large bowl, he combined the following "mix":

1 Mango - diced

Juice of half a lime (or more to taste)

Cilantro - chopped

purple onion - chopped

broccoli slaw (He bought some organic premade at the grocery store)

red pepper flakes or a compliant hot sauce (optional)

In a pan, he heated shrimp (he bought pre-cooked, large/jumbo, and removed shell/tails before cooking), some coconut aminos, and the juice of half lime.   

He filled a large romaine lettuce leaf with the mix, added about 5 shrimp, and topped it with avocado slices.  I helped by eating about 2 tacos and doing the dishes.  I can't say how many it makes, but it fed us both and we had left overs.  If I were to guess, everything (prep, cook, clean up) was probably about 20 minutes. 

I am looking forward to this journey with all of you.  Best of luck!!

Also starting on the 6th. I need a few days to prep etc. I'm trying to follow the principal over the weekend for practice and to issue up my non fully compliant leftovers (kale salad has a bit of Parmesan cheese, turkey sausage had sugar added and feta, etc etc)...I thought I was one to read labels but it's going to be an ey opener I think! Cleaning out my cupboards today as well.

Hi Summers,

The shrimp tacos sound delish and compliant! I will definitely be making this as part of the menu. My boyfriend is also reluctant, be has no choice at breakfast/dinner than to eat what I make. He won't be following it to a tee like me, but at least I will control his breakfasts and dinners. He travels and entertains much during the week, so it will be a bit hard for him. But that's ok, he knows I'm on this and supports me! I've already prepared my mayo and have like you, been testing out meals prior to the real thing! So far I've like all of the meals and have noticed immediate results! So I'm super excited to begin on the 6th!

Not sure if I need to set up a separate blog area as I don't want to take over graceblue23's original space, but I do

Ike having the support and menu ideas as I believe it helps along in the process, especially that first week!

Any suggestions?

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad to see so many people starting on Monday as well... I heard about Whole30 a while ago, but decided to join only earlier this week. I've already browsed through the book and all websites, social media and everything I could find and... I'm freaking out a bit!!! (a lot)  :o

I always eat with bread and cheese is one of my guilty pleasures... and a glass of wine after a long day at work! I live with my brother but he's not joining me, only a bit, if I cook for both... He's a snack eater (Pringles, Doritos, popcorn), so I guess I'll have to avoid TV time with him!

One question: are any of you in London? :) It would be great to share the struggle experience with someone near!! :)

Just a few days to go... Good luck everyone!

marzshoes

Tee ball:

Do you have favorite recipies you like to cook?

My rule of thumb is 3/4 lbs Protien extra load of veggies extra fats and potato

Just go by the template and the grocery list W30

Dont use anything other than what is on that list and you'll be safe

I don't have any recipies so far. However, I did order a couple of books The Whole 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom and the "It Starts with Food. I hope to get some recipie ideas from these books. I have a pretty good idea on how to eat clean,  but when it comes to recipies........I'm lost. :unsure:

Keeping it simple & clean my first week until I read through my two books to get better food prep ideas.

My breakfasts will consist of eggs/veggies/turkey bacon.............and that is it, I don't have much time in mornings to prep food. My lunches will be baked salmon (which I will be cooking the night before) on top of an abundance of fresh spinach, radishes, carrots, bell peppers, avocado and topped with some salsa I found at my local market which is freshly made and an approved ingredient list by W30 standards. My dinner's will be baked chicken with fresh green beans and a cucumber/tomatoe/cilantro/grated squash/green onion, avocado salad tossed in a vinegar dressing I make.

My beverages will be 1 cup black coffee in morning and water throughout the day......I don't drink juice, soda, teas so this is easy for me.

This is all my budget would allow me to buy this week so yes, I will pretty much be eating the same type of meal every day this week until I can get a better grip on things.

Archived