Starting June 29! (Ok I'm on day 3 but better late than never on here?)

laurenrenee

Day 3 here. Started on Monday and man do I miss all those cheesy, grainy things already!

My partner and I are doing this together (aka she's eating and I'm the brains!).

I'm not quite used to cooking and planning this much so I've already been slightly overwhelmed but I'm planning on utilizing my crock pot and trying to cook ahead.

This weekend is the official freezer/fridge/cabinet organization. We're both so busy that I chose grocery shopping and reading the book over clearing out the cabinets. I know thats just setting up the temptation but we are lucky to have each other to go strong.

Any suggestions on easy recipes for busy folk? Breakfast and dinner are much easier for me to plan than lunch.

Lauren!

I started on Monday too.  Super tired but much more aware of when exactly I am hungry.  Am lucky enough to have a co-worker and a few family members doing it with me.  I am a bit scared about the 4th of July weekend coming up. 

One meal suggestion...

Stuffed Zucchini Boats

I cut zucchini in half (end to end) and hollowed out.  Brown ground turkey, add hollowed out part of zucchini, onion and no sugar added tomato sauce.  Suff boats with filling and cook at 400 for 20-25 mins.  Very satisfying!  Reheats really well for lunch!

Feel free to pass on any hints for me too!

Any suggestions on easy recipes for busy folk? Breakfast and dinner are much easier for me to plan than lunch.

The easiest thing is leftovers.

Beyond that, my lunch go-to's are chicken or salmon salad (using compliant canned versions of either) made with celery and homemade mayo.  On the side, I have a microwaved sweet potato, topped with mayo.

With tomatoes in season, soon I'll be making farmer's market gazpacho.  I'll have that for lunch with sardines and sliced avocado.

Don't don't don't give up!

Log your feelings...when u get cranky, why u want what you want and when...learn about yourselves. You ARE worth the effort. Tell yourself that.

You get one day at a time.

Look at today, think of how you want to feel when you go to bed and the smile on your face when you wake up.

Nurture yourself in a lasting way, not a hostess cupcake way :)

Archived