Starting July 9th!

BobbieJoPeters

I am starting my 2nd W30 on the 9th as well.  Today is my Day 30 from the first round, tomorrow I will take stock and re-write my goals for this round. 

Some tips I learned the hard way in my first week - READ the book, take notes.  Plan to be seriously out of sorts for that first week - take those warnings and statements in the timeline seriously.  My day 2 and day 3 were absolutely ragged because I didn't pay enough attention to what I was supposed to be eating, only to what I wasn't.

It is hard for some of us to wrap our heads around the fact that this is not a "diet" as we are all used to jumping on.  For this to work you have to EAT.  Maybe more than you're used to.  Previously "bad" foods are actually "good" foods and vice versa.  My biggest hurdle to overcome was adding more red meat and animal fats to my diet.  I was dragging so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the truck after work so my kind husband decided we would stop at the steakhouse for dinner.  My system let me know in a hurry what it needed - I must have looked like a cavewoman gnawing through that steak, lol.  But I felt fabulous after that and really started trying to listen to what my body was trying to tell me instead of what I thought a "diet" should be. :)

Look out for hidden ingredients!  Soy, wheat, dairy, and sugar are added to an incredible amount of foods in sneaky ways.  Everything from tuna fish to frozen potatoes.  Read all ingredients and if you see one you don't recognize, look it up immediately!  If you are fighting sugar dragon, be wary of too much fruit.  It can lead to more cravings and tends to make me hungry earlier. 

Best tip?  Stay active on here.  The moderators are great and everyone is very supportive, theres usually a good tip for any issue you're having.  Especially if you faithfully post your meals on every day so you are accountable and folks can help "tweak" your food intake as needed.

Good luck to you - you CAN do this!

I'm starting my second round tomorrow too!   Well, I got to Day 28 of my first round and my husband came home from being away for 5 weeks.  He had been following my progress and saw how great I was feeling and wanted to do it to.  So, back to Day 1 tomorrow.  As well as the advice stated above, planning is definitely the key too.  Make sure you have your meals well planned and try to make extra to pop in the fridge for when you feel tired and don't feel like cooking.  Frozen meals are a lifesaver.  Also, make the sauces and dressings - they are delicious and really jazz up a boring meal.  Good luck and here's to Day 1 tomorrow.  We can do this!!!  Fx

It is so awesome when the husband joins in. :-). Mine is not doing the program but has learned all the rules and has adjusted all his recipes to be compliant and asks questions at restraints for me. Here's to another aesome round starting tomorrow. :-)

So, how is everyone doing?  Coming back to the program after re-introduction is harder than I thought. I weighed myself at the start again

and gained 2 lbs during the week of re-intro. I'm sure after 30 days they will be gone. Back to being tired again though it usually last just a week.  3 days and counting downwards.

Archived