Chain Restaurants- Habit & Urbane Options

MrsFolk

Hello Everyone!

I am starting my whole 30 tomorrow! My husband and I travel almost every weekend, so it is going to be challenging. My first challenge- a work lunch tomorrow. I have been calling all over the place about menu items and despite the overwhelming amount of places that use soy products in their meat marinades, I did discover a few things:

Urbane cilantro chicken does not have added sugar or soy, YAY!!

Urbane cilantro vinaigrette does have honey. I am assuming the same for the balsamic, but I have been unable to confirm this.

Habit-

Hamburger does not have soy or wheat from what I can tell, YAY!

Fish and chicken seem to be only cooked with salt and pepper, but I am unsure of this. One location said something about a soy marinade, another said that it was not marinaded, but it had an optional teryaki glaze added after.

Habit does lettuce wrapped burgers.

If anyone can confirm this about Habit & Urbane that would be very helpful. I am trying to start off on the right foot.

I also found a sushi place that offered a cucumber wrapped roll with crab. When asked, he said they do use imitation crab, but you can replace with real crab for a small fee.

If anyone can confirm this about Habit & Urbane that would be very helpful. I am trying to start off on the right foot.

Your best bet is having a conversation with the host or manager in the location where you plan to dine, as ingredients can change and vary by region.

Good catch on the imitation crab, as that frequently contains gluten.

Archived