My Whole30 Commitment

GinnyR

Whole30 - Day 19

I may be coming out of the detox symptoms! Hooray! I don't have (much of) a headache and I have a little more energy. The cravings aren't as bad either.

I've enjoyed the recipes from the Whole30 book and am looking forward to branching out a little. Thanks for the link Cajun Gypsy! I made slow cooker pork carnitas the other day and they were excellent but I was really looking for a creamy element like sour cream. I should have googled it! I used avocados instead which were good but not quite the same.

Whole30 - Day 21

Three weeks have gone by and eating this way is definitely easier. I don't even really think about it and have gotten really creative with leftovers, especially for breakfast. I wouldn't say that I have found the elusive Tiger's Blood, but I hear a little meow now and then.

We are having family over for dinner tonight. Yesterday I made potato salad - or rather two potato salads. Today we will put ribs into two crockpots - one for them and one for me. It's not that I don't think they'd enjoy the Whole30 approved recipies, it's just that I know they love the other recipies a lot. It's our last extended family meal in this house. We move on Thursday.

I am proud of myself for sticking this out during a stressful, busy time.

Whole30 - Day 22

What I hate is that I know giving in to the Sugar Dragon is not going to solve any of my stressors right now. It will only make me feel worse, physically, emotionally, and spritually. When you know that you know the right thing to do, doing the wrong thing is hard to do.

Onward.

Whole30 - Day 26

Onward? Onward. But I'm not happy about it. If I were a quitter, I'd have quit by now. This was just the worst time to do this, what with the stress of selling our house and moving. I'm cranky, irritable, and my skin is so dry it's like it's the middle of winter.

Thanks Oldehiker, that gave me a chuckle. The guy who does have to live with me is an incredibly patient man, so I am definitely blessed there.

I'm sure more fats would help with my dry skin but I can't seem to get them in my diet in sufficient amount I guess. I'm not snacking, so almond butter hasn't been as large a part of this as I thought it would be. I do eat avocados fairly regularly and I am cooking with coconut oil.

One thing I have noticed since I started the Whole30 program is that my resting heart rate is lower now. I have a fitbit and when I started my RHR was in the mid 80s and now it is in the mid 70s.

Whole30

No day number on this one because I drank wine last night. It was an adult decision made by an adult who really just needed to give herself a break. I wasn't particularly stressed out, not any more so than I have been during this packing moving expedition of the last 26 days which has coincided with the Whole30 days. I just wanted to, and I gave myself permission to, and I just don't feel bad about it.

I'm still 100% with my food, and I am going to stay that way long past the 30 days. Alcohol is back in though. In moderation.

Archived