Started July 15!

ppf

Starting Whole 30 today - looking forward to the improvements I expect in all areas of my life. "Lead me not into temptation....." Praying for encouragement and support. Who is joining me on my journey?  :)

I started today! 

This is my third go round since June 1st.  I haven't made the whole 30 yet, but am not discouraged because I know my health is improving each time!

My first go round was June 1-8.  On June 8th my husband and I made the decision for me to stay a week with my kids at my mom's house.  My kids have gone without me in the past, however due to some medical issues I didn't want my youngest to go unless I did.  I didn't feel like this plan was sustainable in a "guest" situation.   My second go-round was June 20th - July 13.  Well, sort of.  I ate some chips on July 4th (party!) and July 11th (camping)  I was just going to let it slide as they are potato, acceptable though not the best oil and salt, but definitely not compliant because they are a FWOB.  I decided I needed to start over and do it right!  I took the next two days to eat a few things I'd been missing (homemade bread and peanut butter!!!) and get my head back in the game.  All in all, didn't go into a major binge and was pretty pleased with my "off days" which was rewarding. 

I am a 35 year old, mother of 3, married 15+ years.  I work part time, 2 days a week for the summer and 3 days a week in the school year.  I am doing this solo, but my family generally eats pretty healthy foods, at least by what I have known in the past to be healthy.  It's amazing how hard that still is for me, to determine what "healthy" actually is! 

I started w30 because I have been having arthritis-type pain in my fingers, wrists and elbows.  I also used to wake up with headaches most days of the week, and had hopes that this way of eating would help with that (it did!).    I am a runner, and was training for a cycle of half marathons this summer (before the health issues with my son) and was having a lot of aches and pains, which I noticed were completely gone after that first week!  That was a "fringe benefit" and one that convinced me that I was doing this again as soon as I returned from my parents!  I have maintained a weight loss of 7 pounds thus far, and would like to lose another 7-12 before I consider myself at my goal.

Is this your first time on w30?  if you don't mind sharing, what are your reasons for altering your eating in this way/what changes do you hope to see?

I'm starting today too! A close friend of mine started on Monday, so we are going to support each other along the way! I'm SAHM of 2, and until recently, I was a fitness instructor. I had to quit teaching for the time being because I'm having hip surgery in August. I want to be in the best health I can be in going into the surgery to help my recovery! This is my first time doing Whole30. I'm excited!

How's it going? We're at day 6! Im feeling pretty good today. A little sluggish. I didn't sleep very well last night, but I think it's because our house is hot.

I went on a 30 mile bike ride yesterday and I felt great until mile 25. Then I bonked. I had a really good breakfast, but only had water on the ride. I'll need to figure out good fuel to have along for long rides.

I've discovered I really don't like ghee, so I'm sticking with olive and coconut oil for cooking.

My favorite thing so far is that I never feel deprived. I feel like I'm eating a ton of food, but never feel uncomfortably full or bloated. It is taking a little bit for me to wrap my head around eating so much fat, but it's killing my desire to snack between meals. I've also been able to not eat after dinner, which is one of my worst habits.

My big struggle is eating within an hour of waking up. It takes my stomach and bit to want to have breakfast, so I'm practically forcing myself to eat. I don't feel like I really "enjoy" that first meal.

Hope you're doing great! Stick with it! We've got this!!!

Today is day 6 - so far so good. Following the diet has not been too much of a problem. Yesterday the fatigue hit me - I did what the book says and napped, but still fatigued today (and can't nap at work!). But, I am determined to see this through! I have enjoyed making my mayo and making sauces from it - my $10 hand mixer makes it very easy. Olives and nuts have kept my cravings at bay. I really like a little Ghee on my sweet potatoes. (I heard it was difficult to make, so I just spent the money and bought some). I have recognized that some of my desire to snack between meals has nothing to do with hunger and more to do with how I am thinking. Looking forward to tomorrow when I can say I am 25% there.....ppf

Doing well on day 10 - but struggled with the fatigue the past few days. It is beginning to lift and I am sticking with the program. My biggest struggle is getting in the volume of food and the protein! Any suggestions.

Archived