Starting the Whole30 tomorrow !

SeaLily

Hi SeaLily,

I just started July 20th, as well.  I'm in SE Asia, so we're on a similar timeframe.  I'm eagerly awaiting lunch...and trying not to think about the snacking I kind of want to do...so much for day 1 being easy and adrenaline charged!  Hope you're finding it to be manageable.

Hi, Lovely to hear from you. Hope your first day has gone well. I have ended up snacking quite a lot today, have just felt hungry all the time no matter how much I ate! Was sipping coconut cream earlier! I have only read "It starts with food" so far and am looking forward to being able to pick up the Whole30 book from my library sometime this week.

I started on Saturday July 18 and so far so good. My biggest challenge is the wine and I'll overcome it.

Went to markets over the weekend and have some delicious, nutritious, organic foods at the ready.

I'm not the type to keep a food log but I will do the program with you. So let's stay in touch.

I live in Southern New Jersey, USA

Happy Whole30!

I started today, also.  I live in SW Michigan, USA where summer is in full swing.  My family and I attended a beautiful outdoor concert last night with Rachel Platten, Christina Perri and Colbie Caillat where I had my last glasses of wine for the next 30 days.  Woke up with a headache this a.m., so I am not saying good-bye to wine as much as good-bye to wine headaches!!  Good luck to you all!  

Hi, Lovely to hear from you. Hope your first day has gone well. I have ended up snacking quite a lot today, have just felt hungry all the time no matter how much I ate! Was sipping coconut cream earlier! I have only read "It starts with food" so far and am looking forward to being able to pick up the Whole30 book from my library sometime this week.

The Whole30 book has been a huge lifesaver for me...I find myself referring back to it constantly as I get things going on the program.  The menu idea was really helpful in getting started, but I already am feeling confident enough to mix it up and make my own menu (using many of their recipes).  I've been a little hungry and snacked a bit the first day, but day 2 was much better...but the cravings are there.  Whether it's cake I see on TV or candy I dream about, I'm beginning to miss my sugar fix  :( So far, day 3 is off to a good start, though.  I've started a log to better track my journey if you're interested.  It's linked in the signature.

Hope Day 3 is going well...stay strong!

Archived