June 22nd W30 (Starting Date) Grads

DeEnna

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't take measurements before I started but I did do pics and can definitely see a difference. I am down 9 pounds. I have decreased my blood pressure meds, an sleeping better and have more energy. I am so glad I decided to take this journey and am looking forward to continued success with adding in exercise. I'm so glad I had all of you with me on this journey and look forward to seeing your results as well.

I'm down 12 lbs and 5 1/2 inches, didn't take pictures. I really notice the arms, legs and upper body changes. They are always the last to fill out and the first to lose. My mid section is always the first to gain and last to lose so about now I should be starting on the waist and hips. Definitely a good start to get my body to where it should be. Doing dairy today! It's great to see how everyone has done through this. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! Go team J22W30!!!!!

I am down 11.6 pounds and a whopping 14.5 inches lost on my body. I am bigger too so I actually thought I might have lost more weight than that but, I still think it is pretty great! I haven't taken pics yet, I will once my girls wake up and they can snap a few shots for me. Congrats to all!

Hi Grads!

I didn't take measurements either, but lost 7 pounds; that's fantastic in my book. My partner lost 15 pounds.

Other stuff:

1. I am a life-long insomniac. On W30 I actually fall asleep without hours of struggle, I learned that a) no caffeine after noon and B) no eating after supper. I also suspect, no alcohol.

2. I have bowel disease; no, it wasn't a miracle cure, but noticeably less pain. I suspect dairy could be the culprit, here, as I have eliminated wheat and grains at other times with no noticeable relief--but reintroduction will help me pin it down.

3. I have become way more aware of my food intake and what I experience when eating different foods.

4. I am cautiously optimistic that I can "ride my own bike" around food choices, and I am excited to do another W30 after reintroduction teaches me whatever I can learn from this one. I know I still have much to do to around my health and cravings, etc.

5. I gained a great community of friends and supporters right here on the forums! Love all of you.

I can't wait to hear from the rest of us, but judging from the results already posted, we rock!

Well we did it!!!  Woohoo....

I am a shorty with about 15 to 20 lbs to lose and I am happy to say that I am down by 6.2.  My husband is down by 21....gotta love the guys always lose more.  But I am very happy with these results I have not been able to get down this much in years.  I'm glad to be doing this with my husband and you guys. 

I'm going to stick this out for the long haul just to see what happens.

As far as my labs fasting glucose down, cholesterol down, HDL (ggod cholesterol) is up but my LDL (bad cholesterol) is up too.  I think that could be because I have greatly increased fat and meat in my diet.  But those numbers could be changing again.  I've not really had any issues in the past so nothing to be concerned with.  Now my hubby was prediabetic and now he is flying all normal today!!!  Kudos to everyone!!!

Hope to hear more good news soon!!

Congrats everyone, I am in tears reading all the great posts, We did it!!!  We are Whole30 :)

I didn't take pictures, but I took a few measurements.  I am down 6 lbs, Body fat decrease of 1.4%, and 6.5" lost.  I am very happy with the results.  I was hoping for a higher body fat % decrease, but I do feel great!!  My mom is down 10 lbs and she is very happy too!  Tonight we are celebrating with a very clean Whole30 dinner and a glass of organic wine :)

I look forward to seeing how/when we reintroduce, how it effects different people.  I really don't miss anything, and I'm happy to continue Whole30 lifestyle, I have so many recipes to try.

I was never a big breakfast eater, but now, I have things ready to go for a quick meal.  So happy about that.  The entire family is eating healthy!!

I love this group!!!  It is day 31 - WE DID IT :)

Got up this AM and went straight to fixing my Whole30 breakfast and lunch for work. 

I did break down and have a diet Coke and honestly it kinda made me jittery.  Originally I was going to add a small 8oz/day soda.  But I may make it just once a week.  I like the bubbles but already regretting drinking it.  Kind of a guilt thing....I feel as if I cheated.  Don't want to cheat my health. 

So I'm not starting reintroduction until tomorrow and I was just able to create a compliant meal at Great America for lunch. If I can do that here, I can do it anywhere. Burger (lettuce wrap) and fresh fruit. Awesome.

Oh and Melissa Hartwig responded to my post on Instagram (deenna_holohan if you want to check it out) so I am totally fangirling right now.

Loving reading all the posts, so very very proud of all of you!!!

I drank store bought Almond milk (no carageenan or off-limit foods) but with gluten-free Rice crispies and honey. I wanted cereal for some reason. I am thinking about starting another W30 in August.

I am going to try to stay gluten and dairy free. I can definitely see them in my belly when I eat those kinds of food.

I have to admit I am jealous of you guys because I only lost 4 pounds and I thought it would be more! I should have measured. I will measure and take a picture next time.  

I ate a compliant meal 1 today; likely I won't get 3 template meals in (very late night for work reasons, so breakfast was brunch). It still felt really good to be confident about continuing compliant eating. My partner and I are going to pop the cork on some Champs tonight, and then compliant eating only tomorrow...

We haven't decided what to introduce next, but my partner's birthday is the 26th. Sugar isn't a big deal for him (pasta isn't a big deal for me), but I will likely bake or buy cake. We are sort of talking about a slow roll, but I am not sure that doing reintroduction that way will provide the best information. I'm not terribly worried, though, because I think we will have a better sense of how we want to proceed after the second W30 in August.

@Lennie,

I totally understand how you feel--I am reading about other people losing 11, 15 pounds etc, but I am trying to remember that my goal is well-being. Weight is a part of that, but only a part.

Seriously, I truly think 4 pounds is great, especially if you keep it off. I have yoyo dieted so much, my commitment is to aim for sustaining my modest weight loss and then I would be really happy to lose 4 more pounds on the next W30.

Congratulations!!!

I also did not take measures, but I am down 10.5 pounds and feel that my clothes are fitting better.  My stomach has been so much happier while eating Whole 30 and I am interested in reintroduction to figure out if there is a major culprit.  I figure I'll do the reintroduction and then do another full Whole 30 in August or September.  I helped my friends paint their new apartment over the weekend and they sent me a couple bottles of red wine as a thank you - I guess I will reintroduce myself with a glass tonight  ;)

Reading all of the post from today has put a big smile on my face! Thank you all for sharing!!

Beans, beans beans where have you been for 30 days??  Well, as all can tell today I am reintroducing beans...miso with breakfast, edamame in my salad at lunch and some lentils with dinner.  Bring it on.  Let's see what happens with this one. 

Also, didn't really like drinking the diet coke yesterday.....

Good to see everyone's progress. 

Funny how we only have had good things to say. 

Kept my diet Whole30 yesterday, and introduced organic wine (2 glasses).  Oh my, I love wine!  But it makes me sleepy.  I did 0 prep for the morning, and woke up to dishes in the sink! (I've been keeping a very clean kitchen throughout Whole30).

Also, to my surprise, I was very gassy, which I had not been while on Whole30, never knew it could be the wine!  I had even told my doctor that I was always gassy in the morning, and he laughed!

Anyway, I just can't afford to be sleepy, and unprepared for the day!  I had already planned on having wine 1x per week, but now I'm considering only for special occasions. 

This morning, I made a frittata for bfast, and prepped some sweet potatoes for dinner.  Back to Whole30, undecided what I'll be trying after a couple days ...

Yesterday with dairy has, so far, turned out just fine. I'm thinking the gluten grains next to see about adding whole wheat bread. I love sandwiches and hope I can incorporate a dagwood type sandwich into my diet once a week. I have noticed my skin looks way better now, not dry and scaling. I'm happy to see how everyone is doing and keep in mind that it's not how many pounds but how the clothes fit! It sounds like everyone is making great progress...wahoo

Just wanted to pass this along. I previously ordered some of Chomps Original Beef Sticks for my upcoming cruise. I, of course, tried one and really liked it. I then ordered some of the Crankin' Cranberry ones which I received yesterday. I just tried one to see how it was and WOW it was very very crankin' hot. I couldn't eat 1/4 of the stick. I sent off an email to Chomps to see about returning them for the Original ones and within 10 minutes they responded back. They will send out the Originals with a return shipping form for these. I couldn't believe how fast their response was. I'll definitely be ordering from them again. They are apparently toning down these Crankin' Cranberry ones, this was their first batch so the future batches won't be as crankin' hot. I do recommend these sticks to keep in your car for emergencie protein.

Hi everyone,

So, I definitely enjoyed the champagne; it was fun to celebrate. That being said, my sleep was lousy and I felt very sluggish today. Like Chynagirl, I think I will only indulge on occasion, rather than regularly. I also over-indulged on coffee this morning.

Back to W30 today; crab legs (found them at Publix on sale) with green beans and roast veg for supper. Yummy summer squash at lunch. No reintroduction today. I am actually happy about that!

Hello all! First day of reintroduction today for Sophie and I (my 13 year old lost 12.5 pounds on the Whole30!). We started today with some peanut butter and banana, for lunch she had miso salmon (but we realized the sauce had dairy in it as well so she just ate the salmon. I had a salad with chicken, avocado and peanuts, with a soy peanut dressing. Tonight will be at our favorite grill your own steak place where we will put some soy on our steaks as well. So far I feel okay, a bit weird stomach wise after lunch so in going to keep an eye on that.

We also started the day at Philz coffee and we were going to get a soy latte until I asked to look at the label...yep, carrageenan...no thank you. So we had green tea with mint instead. So happy to be more aware of what I am putting in my body.

Archived