W30 & Football season

aed00056

Day 9 of my first W30 and I was aware when I started that Football season was quickly approaching. I usually spend Sunday afternoons and evenings watching the games and mindlessly munching on anything available. I always made sure there were plenty of sugary and salty foods available. This is my first Football Sunday during my W30 and it has been a success so far. Roasted chicken with asparagus was delicious and filling. I have lamb, sweet potatoes, carrots, leaks, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary in the slow cooker so that I will have a tasty, organic meal for this evening. I'm hoping the remaining Sunday's during this W30 are just as successful.

I'm feeling extremely well today! I can feel the results of the the W30 thus far. My pants are so much looser and my energy level is better. I'm trying my best to stay on track.

The toughest part of the W30 program is the meal preparation as I sometimes cook two meals; one for me and one for my wife, who is not on the program. She enjoys most of my W30 meals but she likes more variety in her meal selection. She supports my W30 decision and I support her's. I'm the chef in our family so making two meals is not that difficult. She has noticed my physical changes so maybe one day she will join me. We support each other's decisions.

Glad your results are already visible, mentally and physically:)

And good job with football season so far, it's a killer for me. And the colder it gets the worse it gets, so I'm glad I did my whole 30 Pre football so I'm already in a mindset:)

You can make compliant versions of some good football snacks. Wings are a good example:)

Day 11 and I'm feeling great! One of the best things about the W30 program happened to me today. I was up at 4:30am to exercise and then had to be out of my hotel room by 6:00am to make it to my 8:00am appointment on time. Prior to W30, I would have arrived starved and grabbed the first pastry I saw to hold me until I was able to eat a meal. Today I walked right by the pastries! This is a major achievement because I didn't even have a craving for the sweet stuff. This is part of my goal - to no longer crave sugary stuff.

It has been only 11 days, but I walked past the full-length mirror (something we don't have at home) this morning and noticed the decreased size of my belly. I have never been much over weight and I stand 6'4" and started W30 at 210 lbs. there was a noticible difference in the spare tire. I started this program for current and future health purposes but the anatomical improvements are a welcomed change. Maybe just another form of motivation. My Physician wants me to get down to 195.

I spend a few days a week on the road for my job. W30 compliant eating has been tough. I have been able to locate a few organic/vegan restaurants in the cities. I actually found a hotel that has organic steak, salmon and chicken on the menu. That was a pleasant surprise. I made my own salad dressing and carry small bottles with me when I travel by air (TSA regulations). I've taken notes from the forum and learned that I must be prepared for travel. So far, the salad dressing has been a big help since I don't trust store dressings. I also keep hard-boiled eggs close by and know the places where I can purchase them when in a bind.

I am looking forward to completing this program and modifying my lifestyle to forever incorporate a form of the W30 program. this is tough but the results make it very much worthwhile.

Archived