Any Seniors doing this?

Noellerenee

I am Noellerenee (Noëlle), and am on Day 5 of my first Whole30. I am a healthy 69 year old who has been struggling with keeping my weight around 135 for the last year. I am 145 now. I already eat healthy, am fairly active, but have been restricting healthy fats and protein ( also sugar, bread, etc.) with no success. I want to reset my metabolism, improve energy, mood, and sleep. I don't expect to lose weight, but am loving the full meals and real mayo and salad dressing, and in general, satisfying meals. If you are older, please "friend" me and let's support each other.

• 1 year later...

Hi Noelle, I'm Leah (or screen name leajea). I'm 76 years, healthy, active, eating clean but took too many liberties during the holidays. So I decided to do my first Whole 30 in January. It's going great so far. I made a few mistakes by not reading ingredients before so got a set back a few days. You did this a year and half ago so I'm wondering how did it go for you. Did you get any specific age related advice from the moderators? If you're still following this forum, let me know. Maybe I could learn something from you. 

Archived