Gibster's Whole30 Log

gibster2

I started Whole 30 yesterday - September 10. Day 1 was pretty easy for me. I've been eating low-carb, for the most part, for years, but I tend to have bouts of being off plan - which seemed to be lasting longer and longer. I also tended to eat more cheese than I should, but eating protein and veggies is just fine with me.

On Sunday, I hard-boiled 18 eggs (I love eggs!). Last night I made a turkey burger for dinner (which I ate with a heap of broccoli), then I browned the rest of the ground turkey for use later.

I am determined to do this perfectly.

Day 2 - Started the day off with ground turkey mixed with a little chopped Granny Smith apple, seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg. Best breakfast ever! Had a big salad for lunch, then had ground turkey mixed with fresh salsa and chopped avocado, with green beans on the side. No adverse symptoms, but as I said before, I wasn't eating many carbs before Whole30. I did wake up this morning with my stomach growling slightly - although I can honestly say I didn't actually feel hungry. Maybe my gut is doing some housekeeping.

Day 3 - So far, so good. I had a headache this morning, but it might be from my sinuses - it's that time of year.

Breakfast was an egg and a slice of avocado. A big salad for lunch. Dinner was crockpot chicken soup with green beans. I also ate a hard-boiled egg just before leaving work, because I had a hair appointment, with no time to eat dinner beforehand.

Archived