Brand New to Whole30

JennyW1226

My name is Jenny and today I begin the planning and preparation phase of my Whole30 program. I'm getting ready to "celebrate" my 42nd birthday and I am at my most unhealthy ever. I'm heavy but I am also struggling with some recent health issues for which I can find no medical reasons. My stepsister Stephanie is now on day 43 of this program. She was a serious dairy-aholic and she did the Whole30. She said it really changed her life, her skin, her energy levels. I'm not looking to fix the fat problem. I'm looking to heal my body from 42 years of abuse. Currently I have migraines and aches that have no reasonable explanation and I am constantly exhausted. I know I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I've used other programs in the past and shed a lot of weight but I always learned how to "cheat" the plan (Paleo Pancakes in the rules..yeah that made me laugh) My birthday gift to myself and to my family this year is a healthier me! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. 

Hi Jenny,

WELCOME.

I will be 65 next month but 25 at heart.  I am on Day 6 of the program with my husband.  I am amazed at how different I feel already.  My knees don't hurt as much.  We love the food -- it's real food -- and we enjoy every bite. 

This forum is filled with people to support one another.  My suggestion is you keep a daily log of what you are eating and post it -- it's a way of keeping you honest and let people help tweek it if needs to be.

GOOD LUCK 

Archived