Starting September 1st

StarLiteSkyGazer

Hello everyone. I do not usually join these forums and connect with other people in relation to a change in my eating habits, but I felt like I need to be held accountable this time. I have been through every diet or exercise program I ever came across and was only ever successful for a short time. I have been contemplating the Whole 30 for 6 months now and I think it's time I just ventured forth!

I am excited to begin my first Whole 30 next week but really very nervous. I think because there is so much it claims to be and I am afraid of being disappointed in myself again. My wonderful husband is going to stand by me and we have decided to do this together. I am truly hoping that this experience will give me the tools that I need to fully take control of my eating (and drinking) habits and allow my body to heal and maintain a healthy weight. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sharon

I'm starting Tuesday and this is my second round.  Feeling great but no weightless.  Looking back I don't think I was as strict as I should be.  My schedule has challenges but I can do this.  I love the way I feel eating this way and it's really simple, really!!

I relate to your story Sharon. I'm starting today as well. I did a Whole30 a couple of years ago. For me, The key was to always have a compliant option ready for every meal and to banish the possibility of going off plan, starting over, etc. out of your list of options. Whatever temptation, negative thought, social situation, etc. will pass and you will stay on course. Easy for me to type.....very hard for me to do! Thanks for sharing your story. It helped me this morning.

Archived