&^%%$*& THRUSH!

Help! Last time I had thrush the entire 20 months I nursed my son. It kind of cam and went but was always there. This time round, I was so hopeful that I wouldn't get it because my diet and lifestyle are so different but, alas, here it is!

It's pretty mild at the moment so I'm hoping to get on top of it with strict eating, probiotics, and antifungal gel for bubs bum/mouth and my nipples.

Anybody else have any ideas/advice? Sooooooo frustrated about this. He's not even 2 weeks old!

PS- Will post birth story soon when I don't feel so :blink: (like, in 2018, lol!)

Congratulations on the arrival of your little one! I had a congrats up in the other thread but I think it somehow dissapeared.

Never had thrush but have heard the horror stories.

Do you cloth diaper? I have heared that it's difficult to kill the yeast bacteria in cloth diapers and that it keeps the cycle of mum-->baby-->mum going.

Firstly, congratulations on your new baby! I would love a new baby,and I am hoping the whole 30 will help my fertility.

I used garlic oil capsules when my son was reinfecting me with thrush and giving me mastitis. I also ate yoghurt for the beneficial bacteria. Now that dairy is out, I would suggest eating sauerkraut. But it does sound like you are doing all the right things. I hope you can get on top of it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

My baby had thrush from day 3. We both tried two different types of medication and she still had it three months later. My friend suggested I rub coconut oil on my nipples before nursing her and it cleared up in a week. However, I also started the Whole 30 around the same time so maybe it was that. ^_^

Archived