Starting 9/15 - anyone else?

dgthorsen

Hi all - I'm planning to start on Sept. 15, right after I turn 40. I'm determined to be healthier and feel better when I am 40 than when I was 30. I have autoimmune thyroid disease and have gotten things together on that front, with a new holistic doctor, but still need to clean up my eating habits. Really excited to do this. Anyone else with me?

Hi! I too am planning a whole30 on Sept 15th. This isn't a first for me, but a regroup. Have done a whole60 in 2014 then a whole 100 back in Jan. I have a lot of things to work on and each time I have regrouped I have overcome obstacles. I turned 51 in July and want the next however many years I have left to be better than the last. So, I'll be here with you...

• 2 weeks later...

This is the beginning of day 4 and I hope everyone is doing well.  So far this has been a very positive experience for me.  I did wake up yesterday with a slight headache but it did not last long.  The only issue (lack of a better word) I am having is I am not hungry at all.  I am at breakfast but after that I have to force my self to eat something for lunch and dinner.  Any thoughts on why???  I wondered if it had to something with cutting sugar out of my diet because honestly that is the only thing I have missed.  

DG - it really does help to have someone to do this with when needing support or just letting someone know what I ate.  We also have been able to share receipts on Pinterest too which is huge. 

Good luck!!!

I started on the 16th, so one day behind, but it would be great if we could keep in touch! This is my first Whole30 although I've done Paleo before and it was pretty amazing.

Yes let's stay in touch! I'm doing okay with the food cravings, but finding it difficult to manage my time to accommodate the extra meal prep time and kitchen cleaning, lol.

This is the beginning of day 4 and I hope everyone is doing well.  So far this has been a very positive experience for me.  I did wake up yesterday with a slight headache but it did not last long.  The only issue (lack of a better word) I am having is I am not hungry at all.  I am at breakfast but after that I have to force my self to eat something for lunch and dinner.  Any thoughts on why???  I wondered if it had to something with cutting sugar out of my diet because honestly that is the only thing I have missed.  

DG - it really does help to have someone to do this with when needing support or just letting someone know what I ate.  We also have been able to share receipts on Pinterest too which is huge. 

Good luck!!!

My experience has been positive too. Food cravings have been minimal...I've also had some headaches and some dizziness in the morning but it goes away. Thinking it is sugar withdrawal. Not sure why you wouldn't be hungry, I haven't experienced that. My challenge is the added time it takes to make meals basically from scratch. I need to figure out some things to make things easier on busy days.

Yes let's stay in touch! I'm doing okay with the food cravings, but finding it difficult to manage my time to accommodate the extra meal prep time and kitchen cleaning, lol.

Day 6 and I am feeling great - sisters are so-so.  

I am with you preparing all the meals is a time kill.  I work full time, in graduate school, and raising 3 kiddos so preparing and prepping meals is difficult.  Last night I made flank streak for fajitus, this morning I had steak and eggs, lunch is a salad topped off with - you guessed it steak.  Pinterest has helped me a lot if you haven't looked you may want to try that.  Lots of great ideas on stretching meals and recipes that are Whole30.

Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...

Day 6 and I am feeling great - sisters are so-so.  

I am with you preparing all the meals is a time kill.  I work full time, in graduate school, and raising 3 kiddos so preparing and prepping meals is difficult.  Last night I made flank streak for fajitus, this morning I had steak and eggs, lunch is a salad topped off with - you guessed it steak.  Pinterest has helped me a lot if you haven't looked you may want to try that.  Lots of great ideas on stretching meals and recipes that are Whole30.

Good luck 

I'm dealing better, but it's still awfully time consuming. But I'm also learning how to adapt some of my quick regular meals to Whole30 compliant. On Day 16 and still going strong! Hope you are doing good too!

Archived