MDR Whole30 #1 Post Game Show

mdragan42

Today is officially "the first day of the rest of my life."  But then, so is every day.  Today is the first official reintroduction day after my first Whole30 (Whole28).  As you can tell from my previous statement, I started reintroduction just a couple of days ahead of schedule.  Not quite 2 weeks into my first Whole30 I had a massive resurgence of anxiety issues that persisted until I found a supplement to help right at the end.  I expect to perform another (more restrictive) Whole30 after I've gotten settled with a new anti-anxiety routine.  In the meantime, I'll be working on taking reintroduction nice and slow.  I had some success in the first Whole30 with the following symptoms and will be monitoring them closely as I reintroduce foods.  I'll also be watching for emotional changes/outbursts

• Inflammation
  • Rash
  • Joint pain
  • Sinus/nasal congestion
  • Headache
  • Low energy
  • Water retention

I'll be adding in foods ~ once per week, starting with the food categories that didn't seem to cause me trouble prior to the Whole30 and progressing to those that seemed to cause the worst symptoms and determining which foods are occasionally ok, and which are a "never again."  As a Celiac, glutenous foods are obviously already "never agains," so won't even be addressed.  I didn't eat any nuts through my first Whole30 as they seemed to cause issues before.  I'll be reintroducing them here too.

Week 1: Dark chocolate (soy free), Red wine (by association with the chocolate: small amounts of cane sugar, by association with the wine: sulfites)

Week 2: Goat milk/cheese

Week 3: Coconut

Week 4: Rice

Week 5: Walnut

Week 6: Peanut

Week 7: Soy - tofu, milk, tamari

Week 8: Cow milk/cheese

Week 9: Sorghum

Week 10: Quinoa

No combo foods until all of the ingredients test ok alone. These may be adjusted based on results.  The fewer issues the better (fingers crossed)

Week1, Day 2 - I have consumed soy free dark chocolate (cocoa mass and butter, turbinado sugar, vanilla) and red wine (shiraz) two evenings in a row with no ill effects.  **whew!!!**  The husband accidentally slipped some nitrites in in the form of prosciutto which did seem to almost immediately result in a full body rash.  Nitrites will go down by the bottom of the list for a more proper test later on.

Enter PM itchy rash, scratchy throat, tiredness, and general icky feeling.  Rash and tired matches yesterday afternoon, which I figured was from the nitrites in the prosciutto.  Guess not.  Back to the drawing board... a day or two rest and then try the wine and chocolate again.

Archived