Dots Log

Dots50

Well, here goes.  This is my first log.  I am on day 8 and finally getting into the groove of it all...I think.

Sleep:  Not much.  Sleep has been elusive for many years and I do not like taking meds for it.  I'm hoping to see some changes down the road a bit. 

Exercise:  Not much.  In fact, zero.  I have severe arthritis in my feet (painful) and neuropathy in my legs due to autoimmune disease. 

Food:

Breakfast:  3 eggs with 1 really small avocado and chopped green onions.  Black coffee.

Lunch:        Green salad with fresh tomatoes, 5 oz sliced steak with a scoop of homemade quac.  1 small nectarine.

Dinner:        Will be whole 30 sweet potato chili with chopped green onions and maybe a little more quac. 

(Can you tell they had a big sale on avocados at my store?)

Lots and lots of water.

Day 9 and all is well.

After complaining about sleep in my previous post, I slept through my alarm this morning!   Another thing I noticed is that by the end of the day, my feet and legs usually hurt aweful.  Last night I got home, went grocery shopping (2 weeks worth) and my feet didn't give out until I was standing in the check out!!!  That's big for me.  That's my whole goal here is to lose weight and reduce inflammation so that I can go for walks and play with my grandkids.  Secondly, to get my cholesterol under control and maybe reduce my thyroid meds.  I'm so excited to see where all this goes.

Food:

Breakfast:        2 eggs with 1 small avocado, black coffee ( I need to try coconut cream)

Lunch:              Salmon Salad - Canned salmon, mayo, onions, dill pickle, celery.  1 nectarine

Dinner:             Chicken and sweet potato chili

Day 10

Had a busy evening last night getting ready to go camping.  I made sure to pack my Whole30 foods.  For some reason I'm really sleepy today.  Can't get the energy going.  I hope this will pass as the day goes on.

Food:

Breakfast:      2 eggs with avocado, black coffee (I need to get more creative)

Lunch:            Chicken and sweet potato chili.  (even my grandkids liked it)

Dinner:           Whatever the hubby grills, a salad with homemade ranch, fresh raspberries.

Day 16

WHOOOHOOOOOO!!!  I'm halfway through the first 30!!  Last night was hard as far as cravings go.  We're on vacation and camping right now and my husband loves to snack in the evening with the usual, roasted hot dog, chips and dip or roasted marshmallows.  I did have my veggies and quac but I REALLY REALLY wanted fun camping food.  I didn't not give in but it was hard. 

Day 23

Okay.  I confess!  I found my bathroom scale and before I knew it, I was on it.  I've lost a significant amount of weight!!  I know some of it was water weight but what a great feeling to finally have success.  On other weigh-in's with other plans I've lost maybe 3 lbs and then plateaued right away.  I'm really excited to see what the next few weeks have to offer.  I plan on going another 30 as I'm not seeing a huge amount of improvement with my legs and feet but I did notice that I can wear a certain pair of shoes now that were very uncomfortable 3 weeks ago. 

Food:

Breakfast:        2 eggs, mixed vegies cooked in ghee

Coffee with a large spoon of coconut cream

Handful of grapes

Lunch:              Lg cup of homemade sweet potato with ground beef chili.

Dinner:              Lg green salad with salmon and homemade tartar sauce.

Archived